AuthorTopic: [PAID] Tile artist for JRPG game, 64x64 tiles  (Read 2592 times)

Offline dragonslumber

• View Profile

[PAID] Tile artist for JRPG game, 64x64 tiles

on: October 01, 2013, 12:23:28 am
Hi. My name is Kevin Gigučre and I'm the founder of Dragon Slumber, an indie game development company. I have 10 years programming experience, 3 of those years being spent in a small game development company as a programmer which I had to leave due to downsizing. For the past year, I have been gradually building on a japanese style RPG game, starting with the design and code, then I added several artists to the project, a sprite artist, monsters, backgrounds and so forth.

The project
The game I am working on is a JRPG in the style of Final Fantasy 6, with higher resolution visual assets. You may find examples of the work currently released for the game on the company website, at www.dragonslumber.com. The game aims for a fairly large scope, about 12-15 hours of gameplay, and it runs on a custom engine which enables a lot of interesting features like forging items, a job based battle system and just generally customising it to my desire.

Who I'm looking for
I am looking for an artist to create 600 64x64 tiles for various sections of the game. Sections include general environments like the overworld, a village, house interior elements, cavern, mountain and potentially other elements to fit within that 600 tiles. The artist will have some concept art, but will generally be required to bring his own creativity to the table. Currently, no tiles have been properly produced so style will be a bit free, but I expect it to be high quality and fit in with the other assets already available for the game, battle backgrounds, monsters and character sprites and so on. Most of these can already be found on the website and I will provide other assets as needed.

And finally
Payment is to be discussed, and is likely to be paid about half and half (half on sign, half upon final delivery). This offer will be open until October 15th, so please don't apply after that date. You may contact me at any time by e-mail at jobs@dragonslumber.com, or by Skype at ds_kevingiguere. Artists will be required to submit a relevant sample of your work, previous work experience, expected time to produce and pricing information. I will of course be available to answer any questions you may have.

I look forward to hearing from you.