AuthorTopic: FTL Remastered  (Read 7569 times)

Offline Phlakes

• View Profile

FTL Remastered

on: September 26, 2013, 06:10:17 pm
This is something I've been doing for fun since I got the game from the Humble Bundle.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/ftl-remastered

It was always on my radar since everyone I know liked it, and I knew it used pixels, but seeing it up close I realized a lot of it was pretty ugly so I figured I might try to do something about that (it turns out it's really easy to mod, just unpack - edit - repack). Still not very far, especially considering the ass loads of ships I'll have to do, but it's playable. Right now I'm kind of stuck on what to do with the UI.

Offline Mr. Fahrenheit

• View Profile

Re: FTL Remastered

Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 11:02:58 pm
I've been looking or FTL texture packs as well, but none I've seen have been too great :'(. From what I'm seeing you're doing a great job. Good luck!

Offline Polioliolio

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 07:08:21 pm
I finally beat the game on EASY mode, just today!
I've glanced at the other texture mods before and wasn't really impressed.  Yours seems to keep the original design completely intact. Looks fantastic.

Keep it up!

Offline Charlieton

• awkward dancer
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 04:19:22 pm
I'm very happy to see this. Seeing the subject title was an eureka-moment: of course! there should be a re-sprite mod made by proficient pixel artists!

I kind of like the original art and look, though. It's ugly, yes, but it looks like an earnest attempt by an actual human. The style is consistent and clean, and doesn't look completely modelled off other game art (unlike, say, Terraria).

Anyway, this project should give the game some extra mileage. I'll try it out at my nearest convenience!
Det skulle vara lätt för mig att säga att jag inte gillar dig, men det gör jag; tror jag

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 05:47:32 pm
Looks really wonderful, makes me happy to see someone with talent taking the reigns here.  :y:

Offline Seiseki

• Starmancer
    • OminuxGames
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35207.htm
    • StarmancerGame
    • View Profile
    • Starmancer Patreon

Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 05:24:09 pm
The new ship looks incredible!
I can't wait to see how it looks from inside!
And the new character sprites.

Something that I always found wierd were the highres backgrounds.
They would take much too long to make in pixel art though..

How do you mod the gamefiles though?
I've tried accessing them when I first bought the game, but I never found any raw textures..

Offline Phlakes

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 07:35:22 pm
How do you mod the gamefiles though?
I've tried accessing them when I first bought the game, but I never found any raw textures..

All the images are in FTL/resources/resource.dat, but you have to unpack it using something like this. Once you get that there's a folder called img with everything in there.