AuthorTopic: A new open world where you create... by pixel drawing  (Read 7317 times)

Offline JPhilipp

• View Profile

Re: A new open world where you create... by pixel drawing

Reply #10 on: September 26, 2014, 04:53:41 pm
Thanks for this detailed feedback, very interesting!

You are right, all the building & drawing functionality only shows itself once you logged in. There will be labeled dialogs, and collecting and placing is just drag and drop, and there will also be guidance dialogs. We'll consider having a custom account not using any Google or Facebook in the future, I understand many people don't like it. We don't do anything like 'wall posting for you' or such things, it's just to log you in without registering, but I understand it's still an issue. Many of us feel these services make far too many connections already.

As far as goals go, the new created area features allow people to create areas to show to others which can then offer a more goal-based, guided, adventure quest view into the world. Take for instance this one, Newpolis, an adventure where you need to get tickets to go to vacation... or this platformer.

The original base avatar you are 'born' with indeed poses a challenge. We really don't want to define or create anything, and ideally just get out of the way to offer a blank canvas for your creativity. So as soon as you login, you can draw your own character. We have to see how we could better tune the first experience. For starters we could put more wearable bodies around the spawn point, changing into them can be done even without logging in.

If you are interested, please drop me a mail at philipp@manyland.com next time you're on and I'll try to find you, to give you a bit of a guided tour.

Lots of food for thought, so thanks again!

Offline PsylentKnight

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 09:30:09 pm
Personally I'm ok with the Facebook registering... it means I don't have make yet ANOTHER account and remember ANOTHER password just to play a single game. And seriously, who doesn't have a Facebook account?

However, I still think you should offer the choice for people to register without Facebook- just keep the Facebook option there, because I prefer it and I'm sure other people do too. :)
Mommy's Boy: Development Blog  Youtube  Contact: MommysBoyGame or Psylent-Knight@hotmail
View all my game assets at 300% zoom (click twice)

Offline YellowLime

• View Profile
    • Sour Pixels

Reply #12 on: September 30, 2014, 09:45:24 pm
And seriously, who doesn't have a Facebook account?
... :crazy:

Offline rikfuzz

• View Profile
    • twitter @hot_pengu

Reply #13 on: October 01, 2014, 11:37:03 am
And seriously, who doesn't have a Facebook account?
... :crazy:

I've been clean of Facebook for 1 year.    :crazy:

Offline Probo

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: October 03, 2014, 08:18:02 am
7 years clean here :D