AuthorTopic: GR#234 - Forest Tileset  (Read 100172 times)

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Re: Forest tileset.. Cliff [c+c]

Reply #20 on: October 22, 2013, 03:19:05 am
U could try messing up that horizontal line where the grass is.
have some dips where it followa the curve of the rocks and a couple of variations where grass is growing out of some parts of the rock, just to break up the perfect line u have now to be more natural.

Offline Beetleking22

• View Profile

Re: Forest tileset..Tree problem [c+c]

Reply #21 on: November 07, 2013, 10:35:38 pm
Thank you  very much Decroded for good tips!

Im now very depressed because of my tree.. I really dont know how the fix the ugly flatness... It starded with very good shape then I some how I managed to break down whole tree and there might be another problem.. Dark tree...Yeah the grass colors is bright and the tree is dark...Does it fit? Also Tree trunk is placeholder--

How I can fix these problems  ???

Offline Corinthian Baby

• Meditating Pixel Placement
    • View Profile

Reply #22 on: November 08, 2013, 12:28:03 am
This looks good yo. The shadow grounds the dark tree with the light grass and the contrast works. Keep going with it. Trunk may be placeholder but has a cool shape and reminds me of zelda in a pleasant way. If you wanted to integrate more with grass, maybe some light rim highlights, or some subtle AA in the foliage. :y:

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: November 13, 2013, 01:27:14 am
i really like ur tree with a few things to fix up.

still got no good image editor for my galaxy note 3 yet so ill use a thousand words instead >.<

keep the same outline for foliage but select all the leaves inside and bring it down a few pixels to fix the perspective.

the roots are too symmetrical and i dont like how  all 4 curl up at the end as it makes it look like the legs of a table or some kind of tentacles.
roots are too brightly coloured.
i like how ur tree is receding in colour rather competing with sprites, and i think you should make the roots fall in line with that, which will also help with ur flatness problem.

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Reply #24 on: November 15, 2013, 04:49:37 pm
Thank you  very much Decroded for good tips!

Im now very depressed because of my tree.. I really dont know how the fix the ugly flatness...
I don't see flatness in the part that are polished.

Yeah the grass colors is bright and the tree is dark...Does it fit?
not a problem, imho. Different plants may absorb same light with different efficience.

Also Tree trunk is placeholder--
I do have a crush on the trunk, but it looks like it has two curious shiny green eyes just under the canopy. rational half-brain pretends its just because trunk is very slim with curvy roots in the back, but creative half-brain doesn't listen :P

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #25 on: November 15, 2013, 08:14:34 pm
The only real problem I see with this atm is the trunk. What is going on there? It looks really confusing and mechanical. Go for an asymmetrical approach as well. Good work otherwise.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #26 on: November 16, 2013, 07:10:51 am
out of time.....

Offline Beetleking22

• View Profile

Reply #27 on: November 26, 2013, 11:06:00 am

The foliage is now almost done.. needs some polish in down area and the trunk is still work in progress.. Does the foliage have some problem that I should fix it? Your help would be really valuable.

This looks good yo. The shadow grounds the dark tree with the light grass and the contrast works. Keep going with it. Trunk may be placeholder but has a cool shape and reminds me of zelda in a pleasant way. If you wanted to integrate more with grass, maybe some light rim highlights, or some subtle AA in the foliage. :y:

Thank you for you help! Im not good to add AA... It would look  bad with my skills  :P

i really like ur tree with a few things to fix up.

Thank you Decroded... Yeah the old trunk is just placeholder so I fix it later when I'm finishing my tree foliage.. otherwise very good tips! Also that reference was very good! Helped me a lot.

The only real problem I see with this atm is the trunk. What is going on there? It looks really confusing and mechanical. Go for an asymmetrical approach as well. Good work otherwise.

Thank you ptoing...I took that trunk from my older tree just for the placeholder..

Thank you Pypebros!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 05:36:57 pm by Beetleking22 »

Offline Beetleking22

• View Profile

Reply #28 on: December 08, 2013, 11:43:21 pm
When I looked at my mockup from my brother computer.. It looked horrible.. I mean colors.. Very bright and Yellow-looking green color.. I hope that you guys don't see it that way...

-I changed the color of the grass a little bit darker... Maybe vibrant are better? Its little bit hard to decide because they both Imo look good.

-Yeah I changed tree trunk color and also the shape.. It fits much better than the old one.. 

- Tree Foliage is still Wip... I'm trying to make it less flat..

Would like to hear  some criticism.

Offline Daimoth

• I Am Tooth
    • View Profile

Reply #29 on: December 09, 2013, 12:41:24 am
In terms of those little bush things, I'd shrink the leaves so you have more bits to play with to help sculpt it.