AuthorTopic: Some characters [Nudity, Gore, NSFW]  (Read 4372 times)

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Some characters [Nudity, Gore, NSFW]

on: September 15, 2013, 07:01:42 am

Been messing with this off and on for a while.
I don't have the exact arrangement nailed down.
While it is intended to be symmetrical I might add some asymmetrical elements when more of it is finished.
Any thoughts are welcome.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 06:10:08 pm by PixelPiledriver »
And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1

Offline Ai

• finti
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/profile.asp?id=1996
    • finticemo
    • View Profile

Re: Some characters [Nudity and stuff]

Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 08:06:41 am
I'm not really sure what to make of the composition. When I look at the elements it feels like the guy on the throne wants to be the focal point, but the melting turkey-thing seems like it has him beat there.

If they are supposed to be part of the same thing (eg. the bird is a symbol of office) then I suggest pushing the nubile chimeras back depth-wise (have them reaching forwards towards the bird, rather than back to it).

My other crit is more a matter of personal taste -- small dark blobs near the centre of a symmetrical picture always look weird to me (eye catching in a disconcerting way). If that part is supposed to be offputting, or if the overall shape it fits into is supposed to allude to his sexual endowment, then never mind.
If you insist on being pessimistic about your own abilities, consider also being pessimistic about the accuracy of that pessimistic judgement.

Offline Facet

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 12:12:06 pm
I was trying to get other stuff done but this looked like too much fun! No idea what's going on mind (the vomiting mecha skull succubus?)

I thought the whole thing was really low key and quite flat so I cranked those lights a lot, highlights absolutely everywhere 'cos slimy greasy nasty. Nothing in the foreground so opportunity for large area of light, defining the lightsource as top down (not much indication before) thought pool of blood appropriate :P.

Second Ai on comp; I think the scales mess up that sweet Frazetta triangle thing you had going and I made the focal points much more contrasted, also lines swooshier. I had blood on badguy's skull and the pink thing out the mouth is his tongue; they seem to have gotten lost in the mirroring somewhere :D.

*I meant to have the bats pulling the bird apart but couldn't think of a nice clear way to do it off the cuff (maybe pulling on chains or something?).
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 06:42:19 pm by Facet »

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 12:29:11 am

Not sure about the human faces on the girls.
The skulls were more entertaining I think.
Still more stuff I want to change and try.

then I suggest pushing the nubile chimeras back depth-wise (have them reaching forwards towards the bird, rather than back to it).
Thanks for the crits AI.
Yah agreed the image is lacking depth.
Everything is on pretty much pushed to the front with the lack of environment.

small dark blobs near the centre of a symmetrical picture always look weird to me (eye catching in a disconcerting way).
I think you mean the dark spots below him and just above the skull.
The aren't meant to be so similar, I didn't notice.
So thanks for pointing that out.
Forgot to draw over them.

Awesome edit thanks a lot Facet.  :y:
I really dig many of the things you pointed out and added.
The darkest color does need to be reused more.
Having all the characters physically contact each other was a good idea.
Will probly do the blood on the characters as an asymmetrical pass near the end.

I think the scales mess up that sweet Frazetta triangle thing you had going
I'm not completely sold on the structure at the top either but I want to at least give it a shot and see what it can do.
But yes it is a massive horizontal element that definitely isn't contributing to perspective.
The proximity was much tighter on everything at the start.
I tried to pack things more neatly together this time to thicken the triangle.

I meant to have the bats pulling the bird apart but couldn't think of a nice clear way to do it off the cuff (maybe pulling on chains or something?).
I didn't come up with a solution for that this pass but it does look better with something pulling him.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 12:31:22 am by PixelPiledriver »
And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 03:57:07 am
Not sure about the human faces on the girls.
The skulls were more entertaining I think.
Agreed.
Who doesn't love a girl with a skull for a face?  :crazy:

Offline wolfenoctis

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 05:51:53 am
Sloppy edit, I feel that the proportions of the girls in particular is a little off. Changed the pose and made a possible solution for the skull + face option.

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 06:17:04 am
Sloppy edit, I feel that the proportions of the girls in particular is a little off.
nice edit!
I like that you made her overlap a bit more and stand in front.
Would give more room to show her back ornaments as well.
Yah her proportions are all messed up at the moment.
I want to thicken her up more like when they were above him.
But for now I just pasted in the old drawing of her.

made a possible solution for the skull + face option.
Yah that looks cool.

Who doesn't love a girl with a skull for a face?
:lol:
Face, no face, or both.
I'm still not sure.
I need to draw some more variations and flip thru them.

I also need to completely redraw his hands, as they are not drawn to the new context and are taking up a lot of space that could be given to the girl.
Will mess with some of those ideas soon.
Thanks  :y:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 06:08:24 pm by PixelPiledriver »

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 05:41:42 am
Looking yummy! most people mentioned any point I would make ( I especially like what facet did with the composition). Just wanted to stop by and show some love for demon muscles and nude women  :y:

Offline Facet

• View Profile

Re: Some characters [Nudity, Gore, NSFW]

Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 10:04:56 pm
Thanks dood. Less Skeletor, more Sauron this round :D, a bunch tighter and more coherent but not as much fun perhaps? The spewing skeleboobs were great if odd, gonna jump on the bandwagon in saying regular-ish servile girls can't measure up to that! it's a little predictable, less genre homage, more rerun; there's more potential there imo. Elements individually are all cool but I feel like some bit of more overt narrative/punchline is lacking.

Still not a lot of convincing lighting or depth; At x1 (size it has to be on my screen here actually) I can't really appreciate the majority of the internal rendering. I guess this is partly stylistic but you could retain that flat graphic punchiness with bits of stronger but localised rendering on flats rather than pour work into more inconsequent patterning. 

New composition does tighten up that triangle but feels a bit stiff/static compared with the floaty potential of the first, I think. Perspective wise he's either falling off his throne or we're looking down on him, but it's not really clear; up shot would be the natural choice for demonstrating domination, power etc, didn't edit 'cos I changed too much stuff already :-X. More foreground elements/overlap as Wolf for sure, also.

Ta, Ryu!

« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 10:24:04 pm by Facet »

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Re: Some characters [Nudity, Gore, NSFW]

Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 01:14:55 am
Lol cheerleaders.
yeah ive felt all along that perspective on his fee4 is a bit weird like hes about to slip out of the chair.
leaning back with knees a bit higher with a relaxed, almost bored pose would give a feeling of total unchallenged domination.
Perhaps some slinking, smiling little imp creatures lurking carefully in the shadows around him would help too.