AuthorTopic: Chase Kings [WIP][C+C]  (Read 6159 times)

Offline premonster

• View Profile
    • premonster.com

Re: Chase Kings [WIP][C+C]

Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 05:33:52 pm
Yes, it looks really good!

The darker limbs behind the torso and outlines, less blocky color transitions... And lighting is helping define the shapes way better, specially on the shoulders, legs...
I can learn a lot by comparing those two, can't thank you enough!

Edit:

« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 07:48:09 pm by premonster »

Offline big brother

• herculeanpixel.com
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site

Reply #11 on: September 20, 2013, 08:54:10 pm
If you look at TF2 characters, a lot of care was taken to give them unique silhouettes so they would be instantly distinguishable in-game. Because the colors are unified to show team affiliation, the shapes become even more important for identifying unit type. Currently, the king and the knight share too much -- same approximate size, same head atop an upside-down U body. I recommend exploring the contrast between sharp angles and curves to highlight the differences between these units. Best of luck!

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Reply #12 on: September 20, 2013, 09:39:17 pm

Also note the color placement and quantity.
And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: September 21, 2013, 02:11:47 am
Currently, the king and the knight share too much
Agreed.
Just some ideas on that.....

Knight (we've labelled him that now!) could be younger, smaller armour around the hips maybe a weapon sheath, sharper shoulders, less slouched pose with chest plate protuding more, different chin and facial structure and lose the moustache as I mentioned.

You could make another grunt character thats hunched over.

King could stay same shape, add distinguishably decorated pauldrons with cloak attached.

Probably lose the similarities between character apparel, switch colours around etc.
Knight's armour could be practical while the king is adorned with more decoration, gold chain etc.