AuthorTopic: (WIP) Newbie Trying To Pixel An Island  (Read 33000 times)

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Re: (WIP) Newbie Trying To Pixel An Island

Reply #80 on: October 24, 2013, 11:00:57 am
I don't disagree with the idea that orthographic projection would work ok, but for over a week in this thread basic perspective is what has been discussed and misunderstood.

Whichever way the projection is handled the issue of construction and consistency is still there.

but what exactly do you mean by making more 3D shapes?
I'm not sure how to rephrase any clearer? I mean beyond those I've already drawn, using the existing guidelines (specifically the ellipse, which will near enough consistent throughout) to figure out how things like the mushrooms would look from the same angle instead of drawing them without depth, as from the side. The difference might seem subtle but it's a fundamentally important way of thinking about space.
Agreed.
I'm trying to be patient as OP seems young but he needs to stop adding details until the underlying structural issues are addressed.
The middle island looks horrible - it should be destroyed immediately and drawn again properly from the ground up.
On top of other important issues we've mentioned, what is really bothering me is the shape of the cylinders as highlighted below - the way they curve out at the top but that the base doesn't even have the right curve to it - basically sloppy drawing.
I was hoping a redraw would have fixed this by now but its still burning my eyes   :'(

Offline Wallie988

• View Profile

Re: (WIP) Newbie Trying To Pixel An Island

Reply #81 on: October 24, 2013, 12:11:18 pm
@decroded
You know what? I'm going to start from scratch, but this time, it'll just be a map since it's what would be most suitable...
There'll just be too many errors unless I completely redo everything completed in the past month (particularly the completed island). :3
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 12:13:12 pm by Wallie988 »