AuthorTopic: A few little things.  (Read 2266 times)

Offline Spin

• View Profile

A few little things.

on: September 10, 2013, 04:09:42 pm
Here's a few things that I've done recently. Not sure if they are any good. They look ok to me.

This image I put together while following someone else's work as a guide for shading. My linework isn't that great on it and I kind of got lost in what pose I was supposed to use. I left the shoes alone to annoy some people that liked to point out what I did wrong on some pieces. Silly me.

A little beginner's animation. I like the bobbing a little bit, but the hair came out quite atrociously.

A pixel of the same character, it is also my most recent. I honestly love it. But if ya'll find any erorrs please let me know. :D

Offline r1k

• View Profile

Re: A few little things.

Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 08:24:44 pm
I made a quick edit of the third peice

some observations:

-you have alot of banding
-you tend to shade things equally everywhere, so theres not much indication of the direction of the light source.
-you tend to outline shapes with darker shades inside the outlines.  This adds to the banding, and confuses the shading, making it look flat.
-the outlines are inconsistent.  Theyre black in some places, but not in other places.

Offline Spin

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 08:34:24 pm
I appreciate the observations. I like the way yours came out! I'll keep that stuff in mind when I do future pixels.

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 02:49:49 pm
Edited r1k's because hand is lost in the dress so added a highlight cluster there.

Resting temptation to keep going with this.....  :yell:

IMO u should try to fix everything suggested so u can carry what u learn into ur next work.