AuthorTopic: Mighty  (Read 3061 times)

Offline Arne

• Panties.
    • View Profile
    • AndroidArts

Mighty

on: September 03, 2013, 07:14:27 pm
I wrote a little on my blog about Mighty No 9. Some of you might know that Inafune is kickstarting a new "Not"-Megaman character. I ended up making my own version (in the idea stage so far) and wanted to make sure that I could downscale it to sprite size. I think I like it more than other people do, but I can feel it's close to something but still not there.

But! I'm curious if any of you have attempted to make pixel art of the original design (see Kickstarter page). It'd have to be pretty large I think, or subject to tons of detail reduction. Post stuff if you have it! I'm quite curious.

Offline numlock

• View Profile
    • my blog

Re: Mighty

Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 09:51:06 pm
I think stance looks bit awkward, but would like to see it in a playable game, at least in a rom hack.

Also new not-megaman(mighty 9?) isn't as good looking as smash bros 3d megaman imo, idk maybe something like more is less can fit here, I like the simple megaman/astroboy design better than inafune's new obvious robot boy design, maybe it might be hard to make something both cute looking and obviously robot and resemble megaman at the same time. But I can see how his obvious robot design would work with transformations.

Offline Arne

• Panties.
    • View Profile
    • AndroidArts

Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 08:22:52 am
My sprite is actually a bit larger than the NES stuff, I think. Below 32 px though.

Here's my MightyNo9 attempt!

Offline numlock

• View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 10:37:22 am
I wanted to make something cute but it kinda turned out disturbing