AuthorTopic: [unpaid] Pixel artist wanted for an rpg project!  (Read 4265 times)

Offline fruitlapassion

• what should I write here?
    • View Profile

[unpaid] Pixel artist wanted for an rpg project!

on: August 31, 2013, 12:11:47 am
Greetings, everybody! I'm fruit, and I'm working on a little project. An rpg horror survival game. Until now, we're four people willing to work on this, but I hope we will become more, enough so the project can finally take an step forward.

We need an sprite artist, one that can transform my designs into the real thing. As this game will be free, I'm sad I can't pay you for your services, but if you find it's just too much, we can work together (even though I don't really know how XD If I did, I would do it myself). If I can find more than one pixel artist to lighten the charge, that would be wonderful.

Let me show you a reference of what I'm looking for;

I will need similar sheets for at least 7 characters, that why I'm looking for a person to really join the team u-u of course, credits will be properly given :)

Now, the sypnosis of the game; You play as Zoé (name can be changed later on) , the capricious daughter of a dysfunctional family.  For some reason (holidays, they say) you go on a camping in pretty much the middle of nowhere. Nevertheless, after ordering you to go find some water, your parents eerily disappear. Now, you gotta find them but...oh? why is there a mansion in the forest, so far from civilization? and, furthermore, whose blood is that? While you explore each bloody corner of the place, you'll start unraveling all of the riddles that the house holds, as well as discovering how bitter the truth really is.

For now, the title of the game is 'Mirages' though it may change further on.

Thanks for your attention! I'm really waiting for an answer n-n
If you're interested, send me an pm or a mail to <beatricecastliogini@gmail.com>
Oh, and please send me a sample of your work ;)

Offline YellowLime

• View Profile
    • Sour Pixels

Re: [unpaid] Pixel artist wanted for an rpg project!

Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 01:03:17 pm
Do the characters have to be tailor-made, or match very specific characteristics?

If not, I think you'd be better off with one of those online "chara" generators

http://www.gdunlimited.net/forums/topic/3912-rmxprmvx-characterbattlerfaceset-generators/
http://typhoon.hubpages.com/hub/Rpg-maker-vx-Character-Generator

Offline fruitlapassion

• what should I write here?
    • View Profile

Re: [unpaid] Pixel artist wanted for an rpg project!

Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 06:22:37 pm
Hum, I guess only the main characters shall match specific charasteristics u.u

I will try out those for the other ones, thanks for the advise! :D