AuthorTopic: Character Animation - Help appreciated ^^  (Read 8291 times)

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Re: Character Animation - Help appreciated ^^

Reply #20 on: September 02, 2013, 07:31:29 am
may i ask: did you read a single thing i wrote? ô_O
Nope, I did not.  :lol:
Just glanced through and wanted to help you with the very little time I had available.

My advice is to keep working in a screen size image like that as it will help you much more than trying to draw everything as individual tiles and sprites and trying to piece it all together later.
Take note of how coffee defines the planes first.
Work like that, start blocking things in, make some interesting architecture etc.
"Paint" the scene roughly first and worry about the details later.
In your version, I literally could not figure out what that was where the chest is after staring at it for almost a minute.

...i do not want flashy colors in my sprites...
Clusters of warm colour (e.g. a red scarf, gold hair) and higher overall saturation does not equal flashy colours.
Using those tools, along with others like contrast and detail, to control visual priority in your scene helps the player see all important objects on the screen without looking directly at them.
Similarly, you can clearly mark out your playable area as opposed to no-go spaces.

Your perspective is not bad anyway and only needs some slight tweaking really.
Just little things like the roots on left and right could be raised up a little more.

Offline CatBerry

• View Profile
    • My Blog

Re: Character Animation - Help appreciated ^^

Reply #21 on: September 02, 2013, 08:47:32 am
phew... what a weekent *dead*
my feet hurt, my head too... but well... it was work =_=

mh... i know you ahve a point but is ita must to have very strong colors? i really do not like it and i get lots fo feedback that my color combinations are great and all... i guess i might try to use some other colors here and there...

i'm sorry, i do not really get what you mean with the roots... maybe my lack of english knowledge  :-[