AuthorTopic: ComrcCrit; freeform edition?  (Read 3251 times)

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

ComrcCrit; freeform edition?

on: July 10, 2006, 01:39:44 pm
Comercial Critique, should there be a freeform edition?

when I made this suggestion I was thinking of focusing on an technique, or any other specifical aspect of pixeling, while looking at it in as many games as it is necesary.

Perhaps this would make the topics more focused because there's a set idea which keeps getting developed trough the discussion of the topic, and it would also allow a greater input from anyone who comes into the topic because the analysis can be made from knowledge of any game, rather than limiting to one given game not everyone would have.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: ComrcCrit; freeform edition?

Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 02:19:56 pm
I think the problem is that this requires a lot of proactivity from the users. They need to fish out screenshots that illustrate their points and so on. I'm not sure how many people are up for that. It's one thing to wander in a thread with tens of screenshots and start looking closely, and another to go search for your own stuff to post.

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 04:23:55 pm
However, if the discussion was started by some proactive members, then there would already be screenshots for not-so-proactive members to use.  I don't think that each post would have to bring in a new game or screenshot; that might make for a lower quality discussion than one that was a bit more focused.

I think this is a cool idea that should at least be tried once, just to see how it works out.
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 04:29:27 pm
This is the sort of thing that if you feel strongly about it, you just up and do it and hope for the best. It's not a management decision.