AuthorTopic: Rpg char portrait ^__^  (Read 4330 times)

Offline Vans

• View Profile

Rpg char portrait ^__^

on: July 08, 2006, 03:31:14 am
Here is the bold one:

And the one finished:

And my siggy version:

What do you think about those? ^^
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 03:47:17 am by Vans »

Offline DrDerekDoctors

• View Profile

Re: Rpg char portrait ^__^

Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 09:25:29 am
The eyes are too far down the head... AND IT'S FREAKING ME OUT, MAN!

(no really, 'tis the stuff of nightmares).

Also, the vertical pupils aren't working for me, they just make it even less human.
--

DrDerekDoctors

Offline Skull

• View Profile
    • Viva La Skull

Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 12:15:40 pm

Cone Head!
It looks good, but the facial shape seems just a little off. The Hair and sorta HUD look nice.

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 01:48:50 pm
 I like the portrait a lot Vans. There are some things that can done to make it better. The top of the head lacks lots of detail. Add more details to it. Sprites need a lot of details added into whether big or small. As for the skin tones, looks like you've added too many tones. I would reduce it. Another thing to improve the eyes is add a color below the pupil to the iris of the  eye. Here's my edit.

instant

Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 06:06:28 am
I like the portrait a lot Vans. There are some things that can done to make it better. The top of the head lacks lots of detail. Add more details to it. Sprites need a lot of details added into whether big or small. As for the skin tones, looks like you've added too many tones. I would reduce it. Another thing to improve the eyes is add a color below the pupil to the iris of the  eye. Here's my edit.

reducing colors would change this stylistically waaaay too much. I think that you should only modify the shape of head and overall character design. The rest is stylistically correct. (IMHO)

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 06:32:16 am
High colour count is not a style, especially when it's used to the point where the outlines look like a blur.

Offline Niss

• View Profile
    • darkno.de

Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 08:13:52 am
which is not true. Lacking technique could and has been used as a stylistic expression.
Aside from the crits mentioned above I'd like to point out that you changed the mouth for the sig version to show the facial expression but did not change the eyes. And those are the most expressive parts in a human face(with the eyebrows).
If you care for some help in the pixelpart of portraiting(hope that's the word in english) st0ven has covered it all much better than I ever could in his tutorials -> www.spriteart.com
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 08:33:51 am by Niss »

Offline Abyss

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: July 11, 2006, 03:42:58 am
:D i like it.

Vans, do you know who this is?? Dont cheat by looking at email XD