AuthorTopic: Girl Seminude [WIP]  (Read 3459 times)

Offline iago

• View Profile

Girl Seminude [WIP]

on: July 11, 2013, 08:30:46 pm
Hello guys, good .. I found this forum with the help of a friend .. good, it seems to me excellent and excellent artists .. so I decided to take a look and ask for help here ..

I'm having problems with the shading this girl, do not know exactly where to put a good shading .. I have no idea how I will continue this, has it been about 2 weeks that I do pixel art, nice course just stalling, but .. That is, help me

I'm also having problems with anatomy, it is hard to know where that arm and where to allocate it ..

Offline astraldata

• View Profile
    • MUGEN ZERO

Re: Girl Seminude [WIP]

Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 01:03:42 am
Dithering is pretty good, but I wouldn't use it unless I was adding a rough texture with a piece this size. It makes the butt look like it has bumps on it and that's probably not what you're going for.

Speaking of the butt, it looks a bit too square on the right side of the image (the line shouldn't go that far to the right for a leg that's forward). The silhouette of the right hip bone shouldn't curve out *quite* so much at the top. The curve under the right cheek should start just a *little* higher.

The left side looks okay. The cheek just looks beat up though. I see what you were going for, but the shadow should go along the muscle in the back of the leg (that muscle shouldn't be prominent enough to be shown though). You can keep the dip in the cheek, but it should start a little higher also. It's supposed to be round, so I'd give the lighted area of the cheeck (toward the crack) a little more *pop* if you know what I mean. Make it rounder. The big crease on the left leg simply shouldn't be there. I think you're confusing two muscles as if they were one big one. The butt is its own muscle after all.

If you're just doing backlighting on the left side of the butt, you don't need any deep crevice as it appears you have now. You could do a transition gradient from under the left cheek to the part of the leg that's going more into the camera rather than breaking it up with a darker color like you have now.

The light source seems a little inconsistent too where the butt and the back are concerned. The top of the butt should be brighter and just graduated to the darker areas. Even if you're doing SNK style shading, you would still not use dithering on smooth soft skin unless absolutely necessary.

Other than those things, not bad dude. I really like the shirt and hair so far. :)
I'm offering free pixel-art mentorship for promising pixel artists. For details, click here.

http://mugenzero.userboard.net/

Offline YellowLime

• View Profile
    • Sour Pixels

Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 03:59:05 pm
The torso is just way too short in relation to everything else (I assume you're not drawing a kid ::)).
If these are the proportions you were looking for (anime?) and don't want to elongate the torso, then you should reduce the size of the butt.

An important rule of thumb is to properly define the shape of the thing you draw in its fullest before moving on to smaller details

In this case, you started out on the buttocks and shirt without having decided the position of the arms...

Offline Arne

• Panties.
    • View Profile
    • AndroidArts

Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 10:13:45 pm
I'm thinking that the buttocks, or rather, the upper thigh, should bulge out like (-|-) rather than (_|_)  or something slightly in-between.

In the former case, you can imagine the fold under the butt being a line pushing out the contour.

The latter looks a bit like ...fake-boob-butts and trunk legs underneath. 

Offline iago

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 02:23:00 am
it is difficult to make any changes, because I feel that if I go to change something I might mess something up, even I really like the blouse and ass, I tried to make the maximum possible curves of a girl .. however it is difficult to portray realism in pixel art.   :(

.. REF :

Offline r1k

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 09:55:16 am
t is difficult to make any changes, because I feel that if I go to change something I might mess something up

Seriously?  Making changes should be the least of your concerns in digital art.  I mean, you can literally make a copy and change that, or just undo anything you dont like, work on a new layer and get rid of it later.  Dont be afraid to take a chance!  Taking risks and changing things is often a good way to learn things (this is more a general critique than specific to this peice).