AuthorTopic: Captain Falcon  (Read 4320 times)

Offline g-c.

• Nintendo Spriter
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant

Captain Falcon

on: June 27, 2013, 08:56:21 pm
Hello everybody  :),

It was long ago since i've made some pixel-art, and for the new Super Smash Bros announcement i've decided to make one of my most favorites characters of those games : Captain Falcon.
I have some issues with his arms and legs so every advice is accepted with great pleasure !  :lol:

Here's the little guy :

Offline Mr. Fahrenheit

• View Profile

Re: Captain Falcon

Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 10:27:15 pm
Great clusters! I dont really know too much about anatomy though so cant help you there. The yellow on his mask/helmet blends in with the skin on his face and sort of makes him look like a red head with a receding hair line   :lol:

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 05:27:19 am
Looks great. I can only see this on my phone right now so hard to tell but his back arm looks too bunched up.
He would have to be really bending his shoulder back to have his arm foreshortened in that position.
A few diff ways u could draw it depending on what ur going for but maybe try lining in the bone structure first so u can get the dimensions

Offline g-c.

• Nintendo Spriter
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant

Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 02:49:53 pm
Hello !

It's been a very long time since i went here, but i have more time to do some pixel art and i've decided to bring back this topic to show the sprite that i've improved.

I still have issues as you can see and i ask you how i can resolve these.
Edits, advices, examples, i take all of it !

Many thanks !  ;D

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19827.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 01:07:36 pm
Seems like the main change from your original is the pose so I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to achieve. The original was a bit closer to the kind of idle pose he has in smash bros. where he's facing his body away and keeping his fist back. The new one looks a bit like a muay thai type stance, if that's where you want to take it then I'd suggest shifting his weight onto his back leg a little more and pushing him higher on his forward toes. Either way you really just want to really push it as far in that direction as you can.

I don't think the sel-out is working in your favour and I'd definitely give a solid outline a go. The lighter blue colour could stand to be a bit more saturated.

The general structure and form of it is good so just play around with making the pose a little more dynamic. Good luck.

Offline (BYOND)Hebrons

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 07:57:15 pm
this is a nice pieace for one reson only , people over thinkthe amount of details color wise that goes into thw pieace now this is a true example of useing a simple 3 - 4 shade pallate to make beautiful art well done detail wise , i cant give you anything on positioning of the pieace good job tho , cheers :)!
An Wise Man once said Dont Start what you Cant Pixel !