AuthorTopic: game in space  (Read 7581 times)

Offline megablast2

• View Profile

Re: game in space

Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 12:34:42 pm
Hello :),

the continuation :

Offline hawken

• 8bit fantasy
    • hawkun
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio

Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 09:38:19 am
Please do not post upscaled images. The forum has a zoom feature.

Which works fine if you are on Windows.

On mac OSX is blurs the image on zoom using bilinear filtering built into the operating system / webkit & chrome renderers.

Upscaled images FTW ;)

(hello btw)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 09:40:10 am by hawken »
twitter: https://twitter.com/hawkun
Pirate Pop Plus for 3DS, WiiU & Steam!

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: May 28, 2013, 12:47:37 pm
On mac OSX is blurs the image on zoom using bilinear filtering built into the operating system / webkit & chrome renderers.
Have you tried Firefox?
I haven't tried Opera for a while but Internet Explorer and Google Chrome both blur on my Windows system.
Only Firefox remains solid and auto-updates are disabled so it won't break itself (or I would cry).

The artwork looks great please keep going.  :y:
Not sure what's going on with the blue glows around all the characters, makes them look charged with energy but its odd that they all have the same glow.  ???
Characters could use a small shadow ellipse as another tool to separate from background.

I feel there is too much grey especially across the large floor areas.
Try adding some tints of colour here and there.
It doesn't have to be strong colours, just tint add a little saturation to the grey.

The solid green is a bit distracting because the floor is so grey.
Give unplayable space LESS visual priority than playable space, such as by using the green sparingly to trim the edges of some of darker blue-ish or purple-ish panels.
Here's a tiny edit to illustrate:

When you get to floor paneling, I'd suggest throwing in the odd 45 degree angle just to spice things up a little, perhaps some octagonal panels in some areas.
Other little things like the green chest could be lighter on top than the front.

Some basic animation would help bring this to life.
Some of those fluro lights could flicker, some wall panels could pulse and have blipping lights on and off.
Sliding double-door could light up in the middle panel (with bleeping sound) and pause a little prior to opening.