AuthorTopic: Title screen [need c+c]  (Read 3285 times)

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Title screen [need c+c]

on: May 17, 2013, 02:42:15 pm
Helping someone out with a title screen here.
The scepter is important in the story, as mountains are to the journey.
Its a pretty generic looking design but I'm not great with this stuff so I roughed this up and now I'd like some feedback please as far as composition and priority etc.
The scepter design has obviously not started yet and the banner will probably get some meaningful design but otherwise...

I like the bold colour mountains but maybe I need to reduce their contrast as below to lower their priority?

There will need to be title text in there somewhere so in the top area seems to the place to be.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 02:45:59 pm by Decroded »

Offline Ymedron

• All draw and no paint!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart account

Re: Title screen [need c+c]

Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 06:04:21 pm
This looks quite beautiful - the sceptre certainly is the first thing you'll be looking at. The second one is probably the tops of the mountains, and the very last thing is the railing in the background. And there is a problem with that, I feel. I actually had trouble actually -seeing- the railing and understanding what it was. It looked like an odd reflective table because I for some reason couldn't look at it, distracted by everything else.

Potential solutions, written before editing:
- Make the railing darker so it silhouettes better against the background
-Lower the sceptre, raise the railing to clarify their relations.
-Lighten the entire background and add a bluish hue (also makes the distance more apparent)

In general, adding stronger darkness separation between foreground, midground and background would help.

While editing, I noticed the pillow blends into the tapestry in the background. This confuses their distance relations somewhat.

Here is an edit that messes mainly with the color relations, which might already be sufficient with improving the space and visual hierarchy:

Also sorry for the overly fancy language, I was listening to a science podcast and it must have rubbed off..!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 06:25:48 pm by Ymedron »
Also my art tumblr: ymedronart.tumblr.com

Offline Sohei

• View Profile

Re: Title screen [need c+c]

Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 11:29:38 am
What is that weird gold thing?  ???