AuthorTopic: pixel art job?  (Read 23912 times)

Offline Carnivac

• Mayhem Attack Squad
    • View Profile
    • Doctor Who - Retro Sprite Gallery

Re: pixel art job?

Reply #60 on: May 22, 2013, 10:05:33 am
Ok I emailed a follow up and got a reply this time.  Seems they're holding off for a bit to see how well a big new game (out at end of month apparently) does before deciding on expanding and hiring new peoples.  Is fair enough.  I'd say I'd be patient and wait to see what happens but it's not like I have much else in the way of options anyways so waiting is all I got.   :-[

Oh well, least I got plenty hobbies and interests to pass the time so I won't go crazy and I'm still on the look out for any other opportunities if they should happen to appear. 
NES, Amiga & Amstrad CPC inspired
I know nothing about pixel art
http://carnivac.tumblr.com/

Offline AzKai

• View Profile
    • My Artwork

Reply #61 on: May 24, 2013, 05:40:16 pm
i wouldn't stand a chance then...  :(

You'll have to believe in yourself at some point in order to get where you want to go. :)

If I didn't get the job I would just like to know.  Some confirmation.  I'm trying to find a whole new life for myself, not just a job, so it's a biiig deal.

I don't know the company in question but I don't think most larger companies never tell you if you haven't been considered--only if you have. I do know that places like Square Enix scan their resumes and resumes that don't fill every requirement are tossed and not even looked at. (It's literally a machine that scans them, as I've heard.) I haven't gotten a job there yet because I'm still sitting here with my tail between my legs BUT, before I graduated I did talk to the HR Director for like an hour, twice. He and I became buddies. And you know the song: "It's not what you know, it's who you know." So wherever you go and look, try to get a hold of their HR or someone there that can pull some strings for you and get them to like you or get your resume through [whether you have all the credentials or not]! Because the hardest part is getting the interview. You'll slam it from there. :)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 05:46:33 pm by AzKai »

Offline rikfuzz

• View Profile
    • twitter @hot_pengu

Reply #62 on: May 24, 2013, 06:40:06 pm
Nitrome was literally 4 people last time I went in - I'm sure there's a few more now, but they certainly haven't invested in Shinra's resume robot.   :lol: