AuthorTopic: Walk Cycle and Jumping [C+C]  (Read 3721 times)

Offline Azuyre

• ryuzach
    • View Profile

Walk Cycle and Jumping [C+C]

on: April 28, 2013, 08:50:59 pm
I've been working on some animation stuff for a character I'm working on and I was wondering if I might be able to get a bit of critique regarding them. This is my first walk cycle so it may look a bit rough or there may be some obvious things I have forgotten about, I think it generally looks alright though.

^Low color WIP walk cycle

^Fully colored walk cycle

Right now I'm focusing on jumping, I've only just started so what I have is still a bit rough looking:

I personally like the pose on the far right but I'm still working on the legs a bit.

Any critique would be appreciated, I'm trying to figure out a good process for working on things so if anyone has any tips on the best general process for making a sprite that would be helpful too. I've read that starting with a silhouette and then filling in the details is a really good way of making sure the pose of the sprite is clear so I was thinking of trying that out to see how well it works.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 01:05:00 am by Azuyre »

Offline Allegro

• Jobs are for suckas
    • View Profile
    • Sprixelsoft

Re: Walk Cycle and Jumping [C+C]

Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 11:16:28 pm
The only thing that was bugging me was that his right leg had a rounded heel, but his left leg had a sharp heel.

Aside from that, I think it's working great. (the timing difference is only because the program I'm using, aseprite, did not recognize the timing of your .gif for some reason... I didn't edit the timing intentionally)

Offline Azuyre

• ryuzach
    • View Profile

Re: Walk Cycle and Jumping [C+C]

Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 01:43:06 am
Glad you like it. :) I hadn't noticed that I did that with his heels, thanks for pointing it out, I fixed it.

The timing thing might be because I exported the .gif from a Paint.NET plugin, the .gif exporting feature is still in a bit of a beta stage.

Also, I don't know if it's just me but the images I posted aren't loading so I changed to a different image host.

Any tips on the jump sprites? I can't decide which one to work on, I prefer the far right one but the head of the team likes the arms out one.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 01:53:27 am by Azuyre »