AuthorTopic: Scenery  (Read 8936 times)

Offline Aastikya

• View Profile
    • Emerald Advertising

Scenery

on: April 25, 2013, 05:10:39 pm
Been spriting a lot lately, so I just wanted to try my hand at sceneries now.

Help me make this awesome!

Are you Looking for a an Advertising Agency to advertise your product? Then Emerald Advertising is just for you!

Offline bigluc

• View Profile

Re: Scenery

Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 06:10:59 am
To start off, the sky is quite blank, it's just plain blue, which isn't bad, but I think you could do with some clouds. The mountains look a bit odd, the highlight color doesn't seem to go well with the other colors, but maybe it's just me. From the bushes up your color scheme is very warm, but then you have the bushes which are cool, and have a bluish outline.

What specifically is this for? And what are you aiming for?

Offline Aastikya

• View Profile
    • Emerald Advertising

Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 04:23:35 am
Oh well, I've tried to add clouds to the piece but I warn you...they look...shit

Also, I dunno why but I want to add some sort of calmness to this piece so that whosoever looks at this feels calm and happy...If you know what I mean?
Are you Looking for a an Advertising Agency to advertise your product? Then Emerald Advertising is just for you!

Offline bigluc

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 12:12:25 am
Yes that looks so much better. I like the top of your cloud on the left, and the general shape. Try to remove the lines, and make it one smooth shape.

As for feeling calm, thats a hard thing to do, but try experimenting with a cool palette.

Offline r1k

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 02:53:03 pm
I would do a search for some mountain images, pick some out that capture the calm feeling you want, and try to figure out what it is about the picture that gives it that quality.  Of course, this can be pretty subjective.  Heres a few that I found though:

http://images.summitpost.org/original/728156.jpg
http://api.ning.com/files/OTAgiHtCTdIJfQYeSN8fgGS8yCajjgboVUV-N0hB-Z6-rDK4A-4w3GzWYgsdgbKEHjhT0IlaNMyK9wY7T0DiFL0*OITDHql0/gillesmonneysolitude1.jpeg
http://www.betterphoto.com/uploads/processed/1037/1009060043171pitt_river_majestic_mountains_in_back.jpg

Offline Ymedron

• All draw and no paint!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart account

Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 04:19:01 pm
Calmness, I think, comes from light and low-saturation colors. I'd name Kirby's Dreamland 3 as a "calm" game, but checking the screens it doesn't have as desaturated colors as I remember...
Also my art tumblr: ymedronart.tumblr.com

Offline r1k

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 04:53:21 pm
looking at your image it seems like its the middle of the afternoon.  To me, this feels like the most active time of day, so less calm.  Early morning, or late evening feel calmer I think.

Offline bigluc

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 01:24:06 am
Adding on to the morning thing, maybe try adding some oak trees with some birds maybe in the morning. Have the sun just coming up over the mountains, and try use a cool color palette.

Offline Aastikya

• View Profile
    • Emerald Advertising

Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 01:45:41 pm
Instead of adding calmness to the piece, I gave it a more better story:

It's a view of beautiful scenery through a person's balcony. Red is the curtains. I am not sure I'll make the wood texture though...

Offline Seiseki

• Starmancer
    • OminuxGames
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35207.htm
    • StarmancerGame
    • View Profile
    • Starmancer Patreon

Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 02:24:06 pm
It lacks a bit of depth without the trees..