AuthorTopic: german soldier  (Read 11711 times)

Offline Skull

• View Profile
    • Viva La Skull

Re: german soldier

Reply #10 on: July 03, 2006, 12:55:33 pm
Is it just me, or are these amazing. I just really like the style, similair to Metal Slug, yes.  ;)

Offline Hase

• Zombies. Stuff.
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: July 15, 2006, 05:30:38 pm
great work, I love what you´ve done with so few body colors. No crits, I *really* wouldn´t worry about authenticity. How about a gas-masked super stormtrooper type?

are you going to animate these?

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: July 19, 2006, 10:50:40 am
those look great, sharprm.
the first soldier is weilding his gun like a stick. i think there should be a strap, no?
and when the officer shoots, the lighting should change.it's not atm...
"Baboy" is Filipino for pig.

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 04:14:34 pm
Hase: Gas mask sounds good. I wanted as much authenticity as possible, becuase I thought it would make the game better. I've only done the run cycle for the soldier.

Rabidaboy: It probably does need light when he fires.

Edit: The first soldier is going to throw a grenade. I shouldn't take credits for the pose, its based on a toy
soldier. I think there's nothing wrong wit it. The second guy has a famer, which looks just like a stick on the photo i used as a reference.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 04:18:48 pm by sharprm »
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: September 26, 2006, 09:47:55 am
I'm happy with the run cycle (made most of it a long time ago but had to take breaks - study n stuff - but its been tweaked a bit recently). Also started on a variant, blond german soldier. What do you guys think. Any crits welcome. Like to get rid of
problems now before i do anims for walking, dying, firing, shouting, smoking etc.

Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Draco9898

• Toucan-tastic.
    • View Profile
    • Trevor Dunbar's website

Reply #15 on: September 26, 2006, 06:25:00 pm
animation: It looks like he swings his gun around too much when he walks, and his hips looks strange as he walks. I'm also not too sure about the upperleg, it seems to bend strangely to me.

Otherwise, as mr. horse should say: I like it!

Guys without helmets:
The right arm (our left) looks like the line is too harsh against the dark brown you've put in the armpit area.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 06:30:18 pm by Draco9898 »

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: September 26, 2006, 06:37:17 pm
i tihnk his knees come much too high personally, he looks like hes doing high-steps in aerobics class instead of running
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Skull

• View Profile
    • Viva La Skull

Reply #17 on: September 26, 2006, 07:00:29 pm
i tihnk his knees come much too high personally, he looks like hes doing high-steps in aerobics class instead of running

I agree. It doesn't really look like 'proper' running.

Offline ceddo

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: September 26, 2006, 08:12:26 pm
Animation: The way his hips turn around at every step makes him look as if he's running constipated :hehe: and his gun is swinging way too much, it should just be rocking a bit back and forth.. I think it would be good if he was pointing it a bit up, towards his shoulder.
Excellent work with the non-animated sprites though ;) It's just the animation that makes the set look a bit funky..

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #19 on: September 26, 2006, 08:22:21 pm
Personally i love the overexaggerated style of the running/walking/trotting.. but it's true that some areas would look better with the crits put into account. Just thought i'd drop in and say i really like it all.