AuthorTopic: Nodes  (Read 5296 times)

Offline Yirktos

• View Profile

Nodes

on: April 10, 2013, 04:55:59 am
I want to make a game, so I made some tiles/sprites for that game.

It's a board game, in the same sense that chess/checkers are board games. I don't think it's quite as good as either of those games, but it should still be worth playing if it's ever complete.

The next step from here, I suppose, is to create animations for the placing of the pieces.

It bears mentioning that one of the main issues I'm having is making the nodes visually (The 4-way colored sections) distinct from the wires (The straight/corner colored sections).
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 05:16:46 am by Yirktos »

Offline CrazyMLC

• View Profile

Re: Nodes

Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 06:36:52 am
Looks good to me, buddy. Maybe you should make the wires a big thicker though? I feel like they're sort of thin for being one of the main focuses of the game. I like how you designed the core, though.

I feel like maybe the tiles should be a bit bigger too, or you could just make the game 2x zoom when you're in it? I dunno. It could work with how it looks now. It just feels cramped in general to me.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 06:41:30 am by CrazyMLC »

Offline bigluc

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 10:19:00 pm
I would make the ends of your wires fade a bit maybe or have a plug or end piece, it feels incomplete to me when it just stops.

Offline Yirktos

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 01:05:16 am
Changed tiles and re-did wires/nodes.

Offline CrazyMLC

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 08:11:48 am
That's a lot better.

Maybe you could experiment with the background?
It looks okay, but it feels like it's teetering somewhere between being busy and being boring. Bland yet intricate? I don't know. It just feels a little out of place to me.

Maybe more white and shiny sci-fi. Portal style? I think it'd fit well with the color scheme of the wires.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 08:14:05 am by CrazyMLC »

Offline Yirktos

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 10:53:26 pm
Ok, new tiles again...

Offline Yirktos

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 07:08:11 pm
I have decided to start over on these tiles again. I really have nothing better to do...

This time I decided to start with the pieces instead of the background. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the background now, though.

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 12:49:56 am
Juicy tech stuff  :y:
I hope there's going to be some hypnotically pulsating lights I can sit and stare at :crazy:

My only crit right now is that overall the "pipes" have the same level of detail and use the same shades as the "nodes".
This creates a kind of flatness across the image.
You can get some visual variation by limiting the use of the lightest colours in certain places.
Also kinda feels like everything is disconnected from the background tiles, which is usually a good thing but maybe in this case a more blended approach would suit?

Looking forward to seeing your title screen design  :D