AuthorTopic: Crocodile  (Read 3408 times)

Offline Coops

• View Profile

Crocodile

on: April 09, 2013, 05:13:07 am
Hey guys, I'm new here but I'm sure there are a couple people here that know me already. Anyway, this'll have to substitute as my introduction.

Here's a Croc

I don't have too much to say other than the left foot is pretty ugly, but there are a couple ways I wanna improve his sword thing. I just don't know how I would go on about that.

EDIT: Latest

« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 01:11:44 pm by Coops »

Offline yaomon17

• YaomonKS
    • taiya.sun
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/28472.htm
    • yaomon17
    • valedev
    • playvale
    • View Profile
    • portfolio

Re: Crocodile

Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 05:43:22 am
Waow. It's Renekton.

So, I would suggest more contrast on the blade and some purple tones on the shade. A nice sharp highlight along the scale would be good and try improving the readability in the fingers and claws. Also, increase the size of the hands/feet/forearm/calves and feet.

Offline Pizza Tom

• @pizzadramon
    • pizzatom
    • View Profile
    • Blag

Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 05:58:20 am
First off, 46 colors is pretty high for a piece this size. You could do with around 20 and not lose any definition.

Quick and dirty edit:

I reduced the colors to 16 (with color depth in GraphicsGale, manually it would be a lot cleaner).

The biggest problem right now is the scales. They break up the anatomy too much, making your croc appear lumpy. I tried to address this on the arm in my edit, though my success is debatable. Basically, try to block in the muscle structure shading first, then texture the scales. With them all shaded the same way, they all appear to be coming forward off his arm, which is what makes it lumpy. I'm sure someone else here can do a better job explaining.  :blind:

Other than that, his right leg is very noisy right now, and bits of his metal armor appear uneven or dented, making it somewhat look like stone (the bracers in particular).
pizzatom.tumblr.com
@pizzadramon

Formerly Regulus Awesome

Offline Coops

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 10:49:29 am
All right, took note from the feedback and came up with this.

And for the life of me, I can't get his weapon right.

EDIT:

Shin plates should be shaded a bit more correctly

« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 11:06:28 pm by Coops »