AuthorTopic: Any Tiled / spritesheet gurus here ? Online done for Symphony of the Night game  (Read 4944 times)

Offline natemcdowel

• View Profile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmYE7ntTOXY&feature=youtu.be

I have spent about 30 - 40 hours implementing 2 player online multiplayer in the sidescrolling platformer example.  Online performance is very good and I'm very encouraged after seeing mobile performance.  My idea is not an MMORPG , rather more a 4-player drop-in and out Symphony of the Night style RPG meets Borderlands style co-op. 

The issue is, I'm pretty bad at art and not the best at Tiled either.  I am very comfortable programming logic and handling network environment side.  Any recommendations on where to find a capable artist who is interested in this project?

This would be a split partnership if you can handle creating Tiled environments and all art assets for MelonJS.   The plan would be to deploy this game for Ouya, Facebook, Android and iPhone.  I have some monetization ideas currently, however I am certainly open to feedback.

Artist will have freedom in regards to art assets / level design and I will have freedom in regards to core gameplay.   This is an HTML5 / Javacript game , so spritesheets will need to be fairly low-resolution , however I'd like main characters and enemies to have several different attack / state dependent animations.

Let me know if you are interested and we can arrange a demonstration of the online play.

Thanks!

-Nate
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 03:21:21 am by natemcdowel »

Offline Meanapple

• View Profile
this is the right site and section if you want to ask people to work unpaid for you.
you could also say what resolution you want for the sprites and if there is any future for new games maybe, more important the resolution

Offline natemcdowel

• View Profile
This would be a split partnership if you can handle creating Tiled environments and all art assets for MelonJS.   The plan would be to deploy this game for Ouya, Facebook, Android and iPhone.  I have some monetization ideas currently, however I am certainly open to feedback.

Artist will have freedom in regards to art assets / level design and I will have freedom in regards to core gameplay.   This is an HTML5 / Javacript game , so spritesheets will need to be fairly low-resolution , however I'd like main characters and enemies to have several different attack / state dependent animations.

Offline Meanapple

• View Profile
thats good information, you may want to add that to your text.
for me Im not that good for now so I wont be promising at high quality work

Offline natemcdowel

• View Profile
Added it to the main description  ;D

Offline natemcdowel

• View Profile
Meanapple, I am fine with learning as you go.. The sprites won't be too complex anyways, looking for NES quality

Offline Meanapple

• View Profile
is it a fantasy game? not sure If I can top your graffics