AuthorTopic: Hey guys I'm back  (Read 5450 times)

Offline Zettman

• Prinny, dood.
    • View Profile

Hey guys I'm back

on: April 02, 2013, 11:47:23 am
Last time I left I was a bit rude towards some of the members, I'd like to apologize for that ^.^ I've matured since then (I think).

SO! I've been wanting to make my own Online TCG after working for one under payment recently, with rules that take a bit out of all the famous TCGs like Pokemon, Yugioh and Eye of Judgement.

Atm I need help with the actual card template, theres gona be various elements and colors but I'm not completely satisfied with the actual card composition atm, maybe you guys could give me a few pointers? I don't want the card itself overloarded with detail since the monster style itself is rather simple... But yeah.

the thing bothering the most is the grid layout that shows the cards attack range, then maybe the sword & shield icons lol.

Offline dreamisle

• Software Engineer/Puzzle Author
    • View Profile
    • Dave Goes the Distance

Re: Hey guys I'm back

Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 01:25:49 pm
Before getting too deep into C+C, are all of the elements you intend to include present on this version?

If so, issue number one would ideally be to reign in that grid/map. Right now, the orange really overpowers the rest of the color, even though the blue and red should be the focal point of the data you're presenting. Consider changing the map colors to something more muted, like a darker version of the background color. Then, change the blue and red to stronger, more visible colors; maybe that's a better place for that orange.

Issue number two would be to unify the icon look and feel across the card. The sword doesn't have nearly as much gloss to it as the heart and shield, and the stars, sword, and shield all have outlines whereas the heart has none.

Hope that helps a bit, and I look forward to seeing where you take this.

Offline Zettman

• Prinny, dood.
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 01:37:28 pm
thanks for the tips! I made the edit following your advice.

the colors for each element are going to be brown (earth) white/gray (air) green (grass) blue (water) red (fire) and black (dark)

the gray is for templates, and maybe help cards (aka spell cards)

Here's one of the many card done so far. Got Idea for monster off this pic http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/76919.htm

This card seems to have come out way too saturated :x how would you guys edit this?

Bump >_> what, you guys don't like me no more? lol
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 02:54:29 pm by Crow »

Offline Crow

• Technicanimal
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 02:55:31 pm
Posts merged. In the future, refrain from quadruple posting and bumping your threads without reason after such a short period of time. Be patient.
Discord: Ennea#9999

Offline Zettman

• Prinny, dood.
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 06:57:59 pm
Fuck you, you could have at least tried to help me you piece of shit... This forums full of pricks too full of themselves, or too high on their imaginary pedostool of power. Fuck this website, ban me or whatever I don't give a flying rats fuck, you nazi cunts.

Offline Crow

• Technicanimal
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 07:03:39 pm
Thank you, too. I will do just that, then. You don't look like you'll ever want to return, so have fun with your never expiring ban.

For the record: I'm not here to help you, I'm here to administrate. I can't help you, as I am not even a good pixel artist myself. And you don't seem like the type that can be helped at all anyway.

Last time I left I was a bit rude towards some of the members, I'd like to apologize for that ^.^ I've matured since then (I think).

Looks like you were wrong.
Discord: Ennea#9999