AuthorTopic: [Unpaid for now] Game art/consulting needed for 2D puzzle game.  (Read 3951 times)

Offline anthonyloprimo

• View Profile
Game: Deep Freeze

Website(s):
http://www.eagledesignmedia.net/games/deepfreeze/
http://deepfreezeofficial.tumblr.com

Genre: 2D Top-Down Puzzle Game

Description:
Deep Freeze has a simple objective: Guide the fireball to the goal.  Each challenge, on the other hand... not so much.  Various hazards, obstacles and situations await each challenger as they figure out one puzzle after another, using the few tools they have at their disposal to solve each one.

The game has graphics that are inspired by the older retro games, mainly the 16 bit era and some

Who are we and what is the project?
Eagle Design media is currently a two-man indie game development team.  We like games, and we like to make games.  We started this game back in December 2011 for a competition on a site that we both frequented.  The demo that was released is playable on the site, and won us 3rd place.  People wanted to see it done, and after a bunch of work, we have gotten quite far.  However, there's plenty more to do, and here's where you guys come in!

Job:
We are looking for talented sprite artists that are willing to invest time into this game to make it an awesome game for people to play.  We want it to feel right when you play it.  We want it to look right when you're viewing each level, and we want it to sound right when you hear each song and every sound effect.  While we have been doing it ourselves so far, working on a game combined with full time school or a full time job is definitely draining, and having an extra pair of eyes and ears always helps out greatly.  Splitting the work allows us to really get into the other parts of the game without worrying about so much at once.  We've got quite a lot done so far, but we could use some new faces to go through it, see what's good, what should change, and even what could do with a completely new facelift!

We need an additional sprite artist that can do a few things.  Firstly, we need you to review all of the artwork we have so far.  See how it's working out, and if there's some major changes that's needed.  This includes both the UI elements and the in-game work.  Even the non-pixel art elements might be changed out (backgrounds and logos and the like) so take a look at that.

The second part includes doing one or two things - either redoing all the graphics and/or adding what new graphics we need.  This could include changing graphics for our website/tumblr blog as well.  Graphics deal with a top-down perspective of an icy cave-like environment.  Most of the areas include rock or ice objects, however there are some water elements as well as possible fire or lava - related objects as well.

Payments:
The project is currently unpaid.  People will get free copies of the game and we will allow all people participating in the project to put their own levels in as well.  If we do get funded (we will try for this once the demo we're working on is done) or if we make sufficient profits from selling the game, we will be paying people after we determine just how it will be done and how much people are entitled to.

Contact and Requirements:
Being able to sprite in a top down perspective, first and foremost.  Being able to compose other possible graphics are always a plus but it is not required by any means.

Please contact us at EagleDesignMedia@gmail.com with the subject "Deep Freeze Sprite Work" or something similar.  Include some examples of your work - attachments, links or even website portfolios are all fine!  Feel free to ask for any additional information regarding this if you need!

Offline Meanapple

• View Profile
Im playing your game atm. It really fun to play ,the music is fitting and sprites are actually nice already. I would change the background though, also you could make different sprites for everything, like 4 different rocks, 3 different ice patters to make it look less copied

Offline anthonyloprimo

• View Profile
Im playing your game atm. It really fun to play ,the music is fitting and sprites are actually nice already. I would change the background though, also you could make different sprites for everything, like 4 different rocks, 3 different ice patters to make it look less copied

I do thank you for the feedback though that is an older version of the game.  New gameplay, and slightly upgraded graphics as well.  One thing I do agree with 110% though - adding more than one version of a particular object so there's more variety in the look of the level.  We will be doing that, and thank you for that suggestion!

Offline Meanapple

• View Profile
cool :) call me if you want me to playtest a newer version, I think I forgot to mention that some levels are plain stupid ( sry), I mean these levels where theres only one selectable field and tile :crazy: