AuthorTopic: Making a Tree [C+C] [WIP] help me out here! :P  (Read 6926 times)

Offline DOT33102

• Dots are pixels , pixels are art :D voila !
    • View Profile

Making a Tree [C+C] [WIP] help me out here! :P

on: March 13, 2013, 02:13:21 pm
Ok so I went ahead and started on making a tree trunk heres what Iv ended with

also I'am making this for a game so Iam gonna have to take copy rights on this one

now i have two problems first of Iv never made a tree before which means I don't know how to make leaves :P that's the first problem as for the secound problem I need the tree to match with these tiles :P

« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 02:35:47 pm by DOT33102 »

Offline DOT33102

• Dots are pixels , pixels are art :D voila !
    • View Profile

Re: Making a Tree [C+C] [WIP] help me out here! :P

Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 12:38:56 pm
Alright well here's my weak effort in making the leave pattern , since I wasn't satisfied with the current leaf pattern style that Iv made , Iv lost hope so I didnt make other patterns or styles and copied this leaf over and over here it is :D any help is appreciated

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 04:48:43 am

Offline crozier

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 02:13:18 am
Yeah, Mathias, I'm getting a malware warning off that Scribblette link. Dunno how safe that page is there.

As for comments on this thread, the shadow cast by the tree should be covering at least a little of the trunk. It appears there is a little pillow shading going on also (ie the bottom left of the trunk). The leaves are really geometric and copy-pasted. The colors on the leaves are better than that of the dull trunk luckily.

Offline jams0988

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 05:14:47 am
Yeah, Mathias, I'm getting a malware warning off that Scribblette link. Dunno how safe that page is there.
It's a link to another thread on the forum you just posted on. So probably pretty safe?

Studying from life works too, though. Google "tree" and then pick ten different trees and draw them, DOT. If you despair and give up, deciding "I can't draw leaves" before you finish even one tree drawing, you're going to have a lot of trouble drawing trees. =P
There are no magic shortcuts to drawing well!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 05:16:20 am by jams0988 »

Offline crozier

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 03:02:44 pm
It's a link to another thread on the forum you just posted on. So probably pretty safe?
Yes, I understand that I just posted on this site... But, what I am saying is whatever may be the problem lies on that page. Here is what I am getting in response to clicking that link. http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8084/warninguy.png
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 03:06:40 pm by crozier »

Offline Crow

• Technicanimal
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 03:22:36 pm
Yes, I understand that I just posted on this site... But, what I am saying is whatever may be the problem lies on that page. Here is what I am getting in response to clicking that link. http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8084/warninguy.png

Yea, well.. Chrome. Just an image hosted on an apparently suspicious site. The link is down anyway, so I removed the image tags in said post, therefore supressing the error.
Discord: Ennea#9999

Offline Phlakes

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 04:05:41 pm
Could you tell me how you found my grass? I don't think I ever posted it outside of a private Facebook group.

http://i.imgur.com/NAwQl.png <- for convenience.

EDIT: And I don't mean this as an accusation or anything, I'm really just curious. As long as you don't try to take copyright on the grass. And maybe give credit from now on.

EDIT 2: Also, yes, I know it doesn't tile terribly well but I think this is an older version after comparing what's on my computer right now.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 04:08:29 pm by Phlakes »

Offline Seiseki

• Starmancer
    • OminuxGames
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35207.htm
    • StarmancerGame
    • View Profile
    • Starmancer Patreon

Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 05:21:44 pm
Could you tell me how you found my grass? I don't think I ever posted it outside of a private Facebook group.

http://i.imgur.com/NAwQl.png <- for convenience.

EDIT: And I don't mean this as an accusation or anything, I'm really just curious. As long as you don't try to take copyright on the grass. And maybe give credit from now on.

EDIT 2: Also, yes, I know it doesn't tile terribly well but I think this is an older version after comparing what's on my computer right now.

Well, imgur is a public image hosting service.
It might have ended up on google.

I find this quite unacceptable though..
And it's not the first time you (DOT33102) have been mentioning copyright in regards to work that weren't yours. (skrillex logo)

also I'am making this for a game so Iam gonna have to take copy rights on this one

It wouldn't be such a big deal if you weren't so quick to mention copyright. I find it suspicious.
Anything you create yourself automatically has copyright unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Using someone elses art, especially on an art forum without mention of the original artist and trying to pass it off as your own is unacceptable.
Especially since this is a forum for posting and getting help with your own works.

You've also been criticized before for taking others edits and using as your own.

Offline jams0988

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: March 18, 2013, 04:58:59 am
Nothing lower in art than a plagiarist. So insulting to the people who actually put in the time to improve. = \
Why are you even in a learning forum if you're just going to steal other people's work?