AuthorTopic: [Digital Painting] - Desert Slum City  (Read 13052 times)

Offline Corinthian Baby

• Meditating Pixel Placement
    • View Profile

Re: [Digital Painting] - Desert Slum City

Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 03:55:04 am
The reason I wanted a break from the city image is partly for that reason. I felt I wasn't quite ready for such an advanced, architecturally dependent perspective drawing. I was also itching to flex some newly learned skills with some quasi related ideas. Tried one chara and one environment (a simpler one from nature).

I wouldn't call these finished either, I jump around a bit, but any crits would be appreciate. I included the refs for comparison.

With the kid I was def struggling with the anatomy/proportions. Kids have these strange physical distortions like bigger eyes and ears. I had to deviate from the ref a bit in order for him to read younger.

The cliff scene I am pretty happy with but is obviously not finished. I need to love on the textures more and then introduce some color. Both of these utilize the technique/brushes Shaddy uses in the videos I posted earlier. Some of the measurements might be off in the cliff, but it gives the same general impression/composition. If it's major I'll address it but the minute appropriation can drive you mad if you let it obsess you.

As Shaddy says, "How true to the thing do you make it vs. how much do you stylize it to make it more sexy/awesome."

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 01:51:52 am
This image reminded me of this thread.

Offline Corinthian Baby

• Meditating Pixel Placement
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: May 03, 2013, 07:27:43 pm
Ah yeah same architecture style that I'm going for, save for the slanted rooves. You might call is desert palazzo. Thanks for sharing  :y: