AuthorTopic: Favourite pixel art tool  (Read 8341 times)

Offline Lachie Dazdarian

• View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff

Re: Favourite pixel art tool

Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 12:04:04 am
As I usually work on smaller sprites, GraphicsGale. Best tool I encountered so far for pixeling.

Offline jams0988

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 10:34:40 pm
Graphics Gale for me, too...I also like Pro Motion, but it seems a bit too cluttered for me. Graphics Gale doesn't do quite as much, but I like the work flow more.

Offline questseeker

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 04:50:24 pm
The only issue I have with GrafX2* is that it doesn't import/export palettes from/to .gpl files, which are becoming the standard among Open Source graphics applications: GIMP originated the format, Inkscape, Krita, Scribus, GPick, and others use it.

* Note the capitalization. "GrafX2" is the correct way to spell the name, "Grafx2" is not.
It appears to be almost done, see issue 518 in the tracker.

Offline Ai

• finti
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/profile.asp?id=1996
    • finticemo
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: December 31, 2012, 10:16:40 pm
The only issue I have with GrafX2* is that it doesn't import/export palettes from/to .gpl files, which are becoming the standard among Open Source graphics applications: GIMP originated the format, Inkscape, Krita, Scribus, GPick, and others use it.

* Note the capitalization. "GrafX2" is the correct way to spell the name, "Grafx2" is not.
It appears to be almost done, see issue 518 in the tracker.
Haha, yes. (I'm the same person who opened that report and wrote the new GPL support code).
Now it seems to be waiting on the palette editor reorganization, which is far beyond my level of GrafX2 internals knowledge to handle.
If you insist on being pessimistic about your own abilities, consider also being pessimistic about the accuracy of that pessimistic judgement.

Offline Psiweapon

• View Profile
    • My portfolio

Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 11:35:13 pm
Grafx2 is incredibly efficient to work with once you get used to all of the keybindings.  http://code.google.com/p/grafx2/

Or if you just reassign them to whatever you want. I use WASD instead of the arrows.

My vote is for GrafX2 too. I wouldn't even be into pixel-art if it wasn't for that program. I can't stop saying that, sorry.