AuthorTopic: MMORPG Seeking Pixel Artist(s)  (Read 3956 times)

Offline drakus2011

• View Profile

MMORPG Seeking Pixel Artist(s)

on: February 04, 2013, 10:24:49 pm
My name is Kelsey Roden, there is no company involved.

The project name is codenamed Legend.

The project is a small-scale MMORPG that I have been working on since November of 2012.  I'm not following a design document currently.  I'm just trying things out to see what works best for the project.  I do have lots of notes that can be used for the project.  Team members involved in the project can help with the project's design direction.  This is a top-down, 2D, action, fantasy game.

I would like people willing to work for free starting out.  The pixel art would be "work at your own pace" and contribute what you can, when you can.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm looking for pixel artists who can do any of the following:

Character Sprites - Base -
The Character faces 4 different directions.  4 animation frames per sequence.  Animations would include walking and attacking.  The Base animations are of an un-clothed character. 64 x 64 pixels in size.

Character Sprites - Equipment Overlays -
The Character Sprite Equipment Overlays are drawn on top of the Character Sprite Base to make it appear as if the character were wearing their equipment.  Equipment pieces include: weapon, shield, helmet, tunic, sleeves, leggings, gloves, belt, boots, cloak , and shoulders.

Monster Sprites -
The Monsters face 4 different directions.  4 animation frames per sequence.  Animations would include walking and attacking.  The sizes of Monsters would include 32 x 32, 64 x 64, and larger for boss monsters.

Terrain Tiles -
There would be different themes of terrain tiles such as a dark forest, a desert, plains, and snow-covered mountains.  Some of the tiles would be grass, roads, water, trees, house-pieces, and other decorations.  The tiles would be 32 x 32 pixels in size.

Inventory Item Icons -
The images would be 32 x 32 pixels in size.  They would have no border, and the unused portion of the image would be transparent.  Items like potions, herbs, swords, armor, food, and metal ore would be needed.

User Interface -
Various sizes, the whole of the game screen is 800 x 600 pixels.  Interfaces for health points, mana points, inventory, equipment screen, player trade, and a shop would be included.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can download the game at: www.keldam.net

Java is required to play the game.  Basic installation and play instructions are on the Instructions page of the website.  Create an account through the game client.
Please contact me here or through private messages for now, thank you!

Feel free to ask me questions about myself or the project!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 02:50:28 am by drakus2011 »

Offline drakus2011

• View Profile

Re: MMORPG Seeking Pixel Artist(s)

Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 07:36:07 pm
I thought I'd post more about the current state of the project.

Each map is slightly less than one screen in size.  800w x  480h.

When you get to the edge of the map and walk further you switch maps.

The world is a bunch of connected maps, there is no teleporting to maps located in far-away areas of the game world.  When you go into a dungeon you go down one layer in the world, directly under the entrance to the dungeon.

Under normal conditions you cannot pass through other players or monsters.  If for some reason your character overlaps another player or monster you will be able to walk through them temporarily.  Such as entering a new map and a monster is directly under where you entered the map.

You can fight very basic monsters.  There are two different rulesets for monsters.  One is that the monsters on a map can either grow over their lifetime or be forced to increase in power as you kill them and they are replaced.

There is very basic player versus player combat.  You can attack another player anywhere in the game world.

The player can equip armor and have their graphic in the world change to show what they are wearing.  Which other people in the game can see.

The player can fight unarmed and learn different hand to hand combat abilities as their skill increases or they can equip a sword.

Using a weapon is slightly harder on the player's energy bar because the cost of swinging a sword is equal to its damage output.  The energy cost of an  attack is reduced by the player's Dexterity.

The player has health, energy, and mana regeneration every five seconds, which can be hastened with Vitality, Endurance, and Spirit.

There are 7 base attributes which can be improved through using your character in various ways:  Vitality, Endurance, Spirit, Strength, Wisdom, Dexterity, and Stamina.  ( Not all are fully functional yet, but a good amount work )

There are plans for three ranks of equipment that can be found or crafted in the game.  The first rank of armor is in the game and is being worked on to add more features.  The first rank of armor is randomly generated equipment that is dropped from any basic monster in the game.  The other ranks will be aquired by different means.

Items have a durability, when they take so much damage from attacks they will eventually break and need to be repaired.  They cannot be re-equipped until they are repaired.  Repair has not been added into the game yet.

Offline drakus2011

• View Profile

Re: MMORPG Seeking Pixel Artist(s)

Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 02:15:08 am
You can now contact me via Skype if you would prefer.
My contact name is     valignus13