AuthorTopic: My first attempt  (Read 2919 times)

Offline Steneslore

• View Profile

My first attempt

on: February 02, 2013, 09:43:34 am
Hi guys,

this is my first attempt at animation, it's in the style of Hotline Miami but higher resolution. I think maybe I should lower the resolution and use fewer pixels, any suggestions what dimensions are good to start off with? I tried a humanoid walk animation in profile but decided to start with something easier. I wasn't happy with the arms but I'm not sure how to make them move realistically. Feel free to tell me how I could make it better. In particular I'd like to learn how to make clothes look more natural.

I also tried making a hopping monster from a front-on perspective, inspired by splatterhouse 2. Since I am a noob at this I would appreciate advice about how to make monsters. I know the amount of frames I'm using isn't quite right but I also am not sure how to loop an animation so it looks natural.

Offline felipejoys

• View Profile

Re: My first attempt

Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 06:51:14 pm
I contemplated it a bit and I've come up with the problem with the male: It looks like his arms and legs are completely stretched. They're not bending at all. Maybe if you add that it would come out a lot better. It's still more than what I would first do and I learnt from it!

About the monster looping you could copy and paste the middle frames! It's how I do it in this type of animation. By the way, the missing part of the head looks like it's really a mouth, as if it was some reptilish-agonizing-head. I see what you were doing only when I look up close.

Lastly, about the clothing: no idea, sorry.