AuthorTopic: Aurora Animation Thread :D  (Read 11043 times)

Offline Psiweapon

• View Profile
    • My portfolio

Re: Gowe final attack (updated with other wips)

Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 12:42:00 pm
Awww the girl is so cute! I can't wait to see her with the flowing hair in place.

The inner edge of the jacket in the background has a discontinuous brown line that looks like ' : ' , it's a bit strange, why cut it at the middle with some black pixels?

Offline halffish

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 01:09:23 pm
I guess I was just indecisive where the jacket should show and when the the shadow/behind it should.
Progress:

Offline halffish

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 02:20:58 pm
Pretty final. Moved all her heads back one pixel so she didn't look so dopey.

Should I post screenshots on the video composited footage? I've been working on this for like... 6 months omg.

Offline Psiweapon

• View Profile
    • My portfolio

Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 02:36:49 pm
Pretty final. Moved all her heads back one pixel so she didn't look so dopey.

It shows. Also, that little strip of jacket in the shadow looks better now :3

Should I post screenshots on the video composited footage? I've been working on this for like... 6 months omg.

YES PLEASE

edit: added lacking quote tags
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 05:36:54 pm by Psiweapon »

Offline halffish

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 04:27:12 pm

The original doesn't have the light from the firing, so I just slapped on some yellow really quick for this gif.

Offline DOT33102

• Dots are pixels , pixels are art :D voila !
    • View Profile

Re: Aurora Animation Thread :D

Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 10:29:37 pm
Great job man looking great :D also that hat animation is pretty sick :D that happens to me irl too Iv got some kind of big 90 degree hats lol :D anyways uhm I'am not a helicopter expert but like shouldn't it be a little bit bigger? like to suit the proportions of the characters?

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 03:29:03 pm
Animation is looking good Halffish, I wanna reiterate I'm glad to know there's an upcoming pixelart music video from one of pixelation's own.

I still see that topdown sprite walking south when I think of you. The way you redid lighting on the legs in each frame for that one always impressed me, not usual to see that attention to lighting in rpg walks (camus here :p)

I like how for the helicopter guy you animated the rope ladder shaking, you could've just left that non animated and people wouldnt have noticed, the girl's run is cute too. Maybe you could extend her legs forward more before contact to emphasize her enthusiasm?

Since most of the animation is done, is there still time to implement crits made here? not really sure how much revamping to imply with my crits :p
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 03:41:17 pm by Conceit »

Offline halffish

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 10:29:32 pm
Camus!! Nice to see you :D Crits are always nice, and I'll try to update as much as I can before it has to go. I still have to find either a way to fix the sword swing, or mask it somehow.

DOT: yeah I definitely thought about that... but I decided to make the objects fit the composition with a screen size of 320 x 180, 16:9 ratio. My justification is that the characters are already deformed... lol the spaceships are even smaller than the helicopter.

Offline halffish

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: February 04, 2013, 03:25:09 am

Unfortunately the perspective is wayyyyyyy off. I don't have time to fix... next time I do something similar, I'm going to make a 3d model for reference. Sigh. 16 frames