AuthorTopic: Pixel Face :D  (Read 2850 times)

Offline DOT33102

• Dots are pixels , pixels are art :D voila !
    • View Profile

Pixel Face :D

on: January 29, 2013, 04:34:35 pm
hello  ;D I'am kind of new to WOTP , but iv been browsing the forums for a good amount of days now so I decided to create an account , anyways I'am sure that most of you know the game called Graal thats how I got my pixel experience :D anyways i was skyping with my friend and got bored so I decided to draw her in pixels O.o anyways here is the image id be grateful if any one can tweak it abit and give me some critique just tbh i did use distort effect after i finnished the image :D

« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 04:38:04 pm by DOT33102 »

Offline Ashbad

• I am governor Jerry Brown
    • View Profile
    • SoundCloud

Re: Pixel Face :D

Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 12:39:08 pm
anyways here is the image id be grateful if any one can tweak it abit and give me some critique just tbh i did use distort effect after i finnished the image :D

You kind of just made it impossible for anyone to do a pixel-level edit...  :-X  Do you have a non-distorted version saved somewhere as well?

Other general critique is that the face/hair don't have any form, and the face is likely far too wide.  The face itself doesn't agree with the implied tilt of the head (which is implied by the hair's parting position and flow.)  Hard to read, too, but that's possibly just the distort effect at work (I'd highly recommend against using such effects -- pixel art is intended to be clean, and dirty effects completely ruin that.)

Offline DOT33102

• Dots are pixels , pixels are art :D voila !
    • View Profile

Re: Pixel Face :D

Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 04:38:51 pm
anyways here is the image id be grateful if any one can tweak it abit and give me some critique just tbh i did use distort effect after i finnished the image :D

You kind of just made it impossible for anyone to do a pixel-level edit...  :-X  Do you have a non-distorted version saved somewhere as well?

Other general critique is that the face/hair don't have any form, and the face is likely far too wide.  The face itself doesn't agree with the implied tilt of the head (which is implied by the hair's parting position and flow.)  Hard to read, too, but that's possibly just the distort effect at work (I'd highly recommend against using such effects -- pixel art is intended to be clean, and dirty effects completely ruin that.)

unfortunately I didn't save it befoure distorting it X.x Ill try to fix it , if I do ill post back :D thanks anyways  :y: