AuthorTopic: Wings of Saint Nazaire (Large Images!)  (Read 55191 times)

Offline tim

• Founder of Odd Tales - Art Director
    • View Profile
    • Tim Soret - Showreel

Re: Wings of Saint Nazaire (Large Images!)

Reply #50 on: November 11, 2014, 01:07:26 am
Not a lot of people are commenting, but I'm sure everybody here is captivated by your work.
You have my full support. The cinematic camera is sexy as hell and to me, you have the best control feeling / art direction of all the upcoming space shooters like Star Citizen / Elite etc. I'm really looking forward the finished game.
Founder of Odd Tales
Art Director - Game Director - Game designer - Motion designer

Offline Mr. Fahrenheit

• View Profile

Reply #51 on: November 11, 2014, 02:59:32 pm
Yeah it looks really awesome

Offline Howard Day

• Hey, I'm a doofus.
    • View Profile

Reply #52 on: November 14, 2014, 11:28:15 pm
Thanks, guys! I really appreciate it. I do wish people would chime in more, I know it's not perfect and I'd love feedback on how to make it better. :D

Offline AlcopopStar

• View Profile
    • https://ramheadedgirl.com/folio/

Reply #53 on: November 15, 2014, 01:34:01 am
Goodness i wouldn't even know how to make this better, the colours, models and the general treatment is super on point.

All I can chime in and say is holy dang there wow

Offline RAV

• View Profile
    • Blackbox Voxel Tool

Reply #54 on: November 15, 2014, 09:30:51 am
Hey Howard, thanks for bothering to keep this tiny remnant of a community up to date on your gangbusters project. much appreciated. I guess since it's not classic pixel art, most people here just don't know what to say much useful.

There are a couple technical decisions about your project that I find strange, and if your particular project weren't looking as great as it does, maybe I'd argue them, but since it does, I won't, and in fact it makes it even more interesting by being so exotic. Just being different is not always good enough when it is just awkward, but the ability to make it fly better than expected is all the sweeter then. Not sure if these how-abouts of creation fit just about anyone, but you it does suit very well.

One thing I'm curious about, are these capital ships you fly by prerendered sprites too like the little fighters, or actual models? That I have this confusion from the gif is pretty cool.