AuthorTopic: [Unpaid but negotiable] Archibald the Adorable  (Read 3826 times)

Offline sigtau

• View Profile

[Unpaid but negotiable] Archibald the Adorable

on: January 23, 2013, 06:29:38 am
Hello, artists!  My name is Will Preston; I'm a prospective interactive design & game development major, and I'm attempting to expand my portfolio in the coming weeks by making a few simple games to demonstrate understanding of the development process--the first of which I've entitled Archibald the Adorable.

The Premise
Archibald the Adorable is a platformer game about an cuddly British Shorthair cat named Archibald whose mother and siblings have been kidnapped.  Using his trusty claws, tail, and enormously powerful meow, Archibald sets out across Snuggland to rescue his family from their captors.

Services Needed
Essentially, what I need is the character sprites (Archibald, various enemies, etc.) and a variety of environment sprites.  Inspiration should be drawn heavily from Sonic the Hedgehog and Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland--in other words, an art style that would imply a cute and cuddly game world.  This game is being developed in a tile-based engine with no color palette limitations, each tile being 32x32 pixels.

Payment
Generally, since I'm tight on money at the moment (still waiting on that student refund check!), this is a volunteer job.  However, if you absolutely must have payment, I'm willing to negotiate it with you, though it'll probably be flat rate and not a terribly huge amount.

This is mainly an expansion of my portfolio as a designer, so if you're looking to expand your portfolio as a pixel artist, this may be the job for you!

Interested?
If you're interested and/or would like more information, please send me an e-mail at sigma [AT] sigmatauproductions [DOT] com, or drop me a PM here on the Pixelation forums.

Thanks!
-Will