AuthorTopic: Killer Robot  (Read 3627 times)

Offline Mr. Fahrenheit

• View Profile

Killer Robot

on: January 17, 2013, 02:12:59 am
Its been a while since I posted some artwork so,

Does anyone have any C+C?
The references are ROBOT.
 and

His right hand is supposed to be crushing a person and I am not sure how to make it read.
Also, I am using Arne's 16 color palette.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 02:20:45 am by Mr. Fahrenheit »

Offline YellowLime

• View Profile
    • Sour Pixels

Re: Killer Robot

Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 10:22:32 am
Hey, your stuff is good  :P

About the first one:

The leg that's far back has some risque rendering  :lol: I mean, it's obvious that the width is inconsistent (I believe you did it on purpose), but still I think it might not be working out. So I'd be more conservative and keep the two-pixel width from the knobby part up.

The leftmost leg also gets a bit fatter near the foot (for 2 or 3 pixels), I'd slim that out a bit.

To make the person more readable, you'll have to have them stretch out both their arms and legs (and maybe head too). Even if that means sacrificing the size ratio, or the original pose.

Finally, I don't know what the robot is doing with his left hand  :mean:

An edit (I admit I didn't understand how bad the guy was being crushed):

About the other robot dude:

Unless that was your intention (as it is a robot), the feet are unnaturally spread out.

And, the two round-bright-gem things on his pecs are sort of weird, I think...

I hope I helped  :)

(edit: Oh shit, the second one was reference  :crazy: Well, I'll leave my post as it is, anyway  :lol:)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 10:24:56 am by YellowLime »

Offline Mr. Fahrenheit

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 09:14:21 pm
I made some more progress with it, I added some more people and did some of those changes you suggested.

Yeah the second robot is one done by Helm using the same palette.

Offline Friend

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 10:58:22 pm
It's very good, but the readability of the robot killing the human is only so at 3x.  It looks really messy at 1x because you have a lot of 1 pixel noise surrounding the pixel cluster of the human.  Try reducing the amount of blood, make it further away from the pixel cluster human, and experiment with that cluster too to make it read more as a human being ripped in half.  It looks good at 3x, lemme tell you.  Just isn't readable at 1x

Offline coffee

• JohanAronson
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 11:00:16 pm
I added some more people
You mean you added some more remains of people  :o

Some cool looking robots! I think you've done some good texture on the second ones armor and I can't see anything that might be wrong in it. :y:

The thin one though is lacking something in comparison. The bodice looks all well metallic and stuff but the rest looks somwhat flat and messy.

Made a quick edit to show what you might want to do (Left the human schredding to you!)

« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 12:13:29 pm by coffee »

Offline Mr. Fahrenheit

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 12:59:11 am
That's an awesome edit coffee, thanks, and sorry for confusing you and others, the second one is not made by me, it is a reference I am using by made by the awesome Helm.

Update: I tried using a lot of coffee's ideas, especially that awesome secondary lightsource.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 02:51:49 am by Mr. Fahrenheit »