AuthorTopic: Big boobed characters in video games  (Read 125633 times)

Offline Parkerbaby

• View Profile

Re: Big boobed characters in video games

Reply #300 on: April 22, 2013, 05:42:00 pm
I am going to answer that I have looked at the data, and I am not a racist. You have not looked at enough data and blindly jump to your egalitarian views. End.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #301 on: April 22, 2013, 05:45:33 pm
There is no conclusive proof that brain size is linked directly to intelligence in humans.
Differences in brain size could be due to things like lacking nutrition because of socio-economic hardship.
Sozio-economic hardship also impacts how well you will be educated (which influences IQ-tests too), which will impact income, literacy as well as crime-rates. End, for real.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Erenan

• View Profile

Reply #302 on: April 22, 2013, 06:54:36 pm
I wanted to try to get this thread back on topic, but a cursory search on the Internet for "big boobed chess masters" availed nothing of interest.  :(

I thought this was funny, but I guess not...  :(

The president of the USA is elected. Blacks can vote. The world chess champion is not elected.

I was going to suggest the same thing as ptoing about the US Presidency, but my angle is a little different. To say that there hasn't been a black world chess champion and then imply that this significantly has something to do with race is almost certainly an underinformed stance. The list of world chess champions is a very short list, like the list of US Presidents. It's not a good idea to try to draw conclusions about genetics from either of those lists, exactly because they are populated by such small numbers of people (small sample size).

If there were literally no black grandmasters anywhere in the whole world, then this might be something worth studying and trying to find out why that is. However, there are black grandmasters. This is extremely important because it very neatly discredits your point. You're obviously trying in some way, however roughly or broadly, to link being black with poor chess playing ability (and by extension, presumably intelligence or logical thinking ability or something generic like that), but at a glance the evidence doesn't appear to support what you're suggesting.

It's similar to what Helm was saying earlier about matriarchal societies existing and how that affects the idea that a patriarchy is inevitable on account of something intrinsic to being human. The fact that there have been matriarchal societies at the very least calls the idea into question and very probably discredits it completely.

From what I know about genes and race, if there is a genetic cause for being good or bad at chess, then my guess is that it has extremely little to do with those few genes that produce racial phenotypes.

Offline Parkerbaby

• View Profile

Reply #303 on: April 22, 2013, 07:11:38 pm
It is easy to discredit a point I did not make. I used chess as a poor example, but what I meant by it was a nice way of talking about intelligence. And what I said was true. There has never been one.
Btw there are less than 5 black grandmasters...

PS:

I wanted to try to get this thread back on topic, but a cursory search on the Internet for "big boobed chess masters" availed nothing of interest.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 07:14:26 pm by Parkerbaby »

Offline Erenan

• View Profile

Reply #304 on: April 22, 2013, 08:03:19 pm
I said you were asserting a genetic link between being black and poor chess playing ability and by extension intelligence or logical thinking. How is this not the point you were making and are apparently reasserting now? Seriously. If that's not your point, then I'm having trouble seeing what your point is. Please make your point in as direct, clear, and unambiguous language as you can manage so that we can have a conversation.

Also, you appear to have practically ignored most of what I just said. That's kind of annoying.

Offline Parkerbaby

• View Profile

Reply #305 on: April 22, 2013, 08:14:15 pm
Okay, I will answer you.

I said you were asserting a genetic link between being black and poor chess playing ability and by extension intelligence or logical thinking.
And that is wrong. I am asserting there is a genetic link between being black and having lower intelligence and by extension the best black players being worse than the best white players.

To say that there hasn't been a black world chess champion and then imply that this significantly has something to do with race is almost certainly an underinformed [sic] stance.

Here it is again. I am not saying there hasn't been a black world chess champion so this significantly has something to do with race. I am saying there is a different in average intelligence so this by extension can explain their chess results.

It's not a good idea to try to draw conclusions about genetics from either of those lists, exactly because they are populated by such small numbers of people (small sample size).

I agree. That's why I didn't draw conclusions from either of those lists.

However, there are black grandmasters. This is extremely important because it very neatly discredits your point.
Do you see yet that it does not discredit my point?

You're obviously trying in some way, however roughly or broadly, to link being black with poor chess playing ability (and by extension, presumably intelligence or logical thinking ability or something generic like that), but at a glance the evidence doesn't appear to support what you're suggesting.

It must not be that obvious, or you would not have gotten it wrong so many times.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #306 on: April 22, 2013, 08:30:46 pm
Your failure to communicate your point is not our failure to understand it. You're dancing around. You're 20 years old on the internet and racist. You'll get over it (I hope).

Offline Parkerbaby

• View Profile

Reply #307 on: April 22, 2013, 08:32:23 pm
You're 28 years old on the internet and a feminist liberal. I'm sure you won't get over it.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #308 on: April 22, 2013, 08:34:24 pm
I really hope I don't, it took a long time to get here!

Offline Parkerbaby

• View Profile

Reply #309 on: April 22, 2013, 08:42:56 pm
Okay, hopefully we can just leave it there.

Btw I commend you guys on not striking me or banning me for stating my unpopular views. I love this site and I love pixel art. I respect all of you enormously as artists and I've learned a lot from you through the 6 or so years I've browsed here.

I can't keep hopping onto the computer to defend myself so I will just try to let this be and work on other things. If anyone replies to me with arguments or attacks, I will respond if I have to but begrudgingly.  :)