AuthorTopic: [WIP] Fantasy isometric tileset  (Read 11067 times)

Offline Bak

• View Profile

[WIP] Fantasy isometric tileset

on: January 13, 2013, 01:11:44 pm
Doing some fantasy game art. Most of it obviously requires cleaning and better colors.
Im planning to release it for free if I ever gonna finish it, which is not in any nearest time :crazy:

Offline ericbloom

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Fantasy isometric tileset

Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 01:37:10 am
Cool! Any animations yet?

The muted palette is fine if you keep everything at that level, although I think adding a bit of darks in key spots would really make some of it pop.

Offline Applzor

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 05:55:30 am
on top of what bloom stated, some of your characters need more contrast between their skin and their clothing. perhaps just increasing the saturation on the skin colour might help.

your golem could be more jagged like a rock, at the moment he is very flat and smooth

Offline Cage

• View Profile
    • My portfolio

Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 12:44:27 pm
I like the muted palette too!

I think it's pretty good, just needs some cleaning up. As far as the contrast issues on the characters, you might want to try more saturation or just a hue shift towards the warmest colors (opposite with the environment). As far as the poses go, they feel pretty solid, but the dwarf and skeleton seem to lean a bit.

I like the texture of the golem but I'd use a bit different forms for him - I think he'd look more interesting and intimidating, if the chest/pelvis area was more humanoid like:

Sand tiles - are they supposed to be sand? I like their texture, but they feel more like a firm, pretty solid dirt, or maybe dried, hardened mud (well, except the color, of course:P). Depends what you want, for sand I'd use a more dune-like, stylized texture.

Not sure how WIP is the slime, but the current texture is very inappropriate IMO - colors and the bit of dither suggest something more like sand - unless that's something you want, but the idea of the slime is very established and a sandy slime might not look right to your "audience" ;). There was a thread about a slime sprite not while ago, and I'll repost Cyangmou's image, since it's very helpful in this matter :) (hope you don't mind)

Offline yaomon17

• YaomonKS
    • taiya.sun
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/28472.htm
    • yaomon17
    • valedev
    • playvale
    • View Profile
    • portfolio

Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 03:36:21 am

Here is the final edited slime btw.

Overall, the colors on the character are a bit cold but the low saturation gives a nice feel. The perspective on the spider thing seems a bit off. The skeleton (I presume it is) seems to have a very off balanced stance compared to the others. Other than that, just continue cleaning up the lines  :y:

Offline numlock

• View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 11:41:24 pm
reminds me of starwars for some reason, I think it could use a little bit contrast but looks cool as it is