AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread 2014  (Read 168950 times)

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread 2014

Reply #40 on: January 25, 2013, 04:00:28 pm
I found the Technic -> Tekkit pack to be a lot of fun.
Makes the game a bit more interesting.
Converting dirt into arrows and meat is extremely useful.
But classic is cool too.
And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1

Offline Crow

• Technicanimal
    • View Profile

Reply #41 on: January 25, 2013, 04:38:41 pm
No fancy stuff, only survival and creative, with possibly a few extra plugins. I need to know who'd be interested, though, and what plugins you guys/gals would require.
Discord: Ennea#9999

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #42 on: January 25, 2013, 06:17:18 pm
Ya, while I enjoy Tekkit and would love to play a server with Tekkit right now it's a limited appeal. Right now vanilla Survival sounds like the best route to go if we want to get something going. Only plugin I'd probably be interested in are some security ones, like chest locks and such.

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19827.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #43 on: January 26, 2013, 08:54:14 am
I'd be in. Vanilla on easy mode is the most enjoyable I think. Just a whitelist would be enough for security probably.

Offline Crow

• Technicanimal
    • View Profile

Reply #44 on: January 26, 2013, 10:11:48 am
Just a whitelist would be enough for security probably.

Permission plugins are already in place, since those are almost always required ;) Also, survival will be on normal, if anything. Personally, I'd prefer hard.
Discord: Ennea#9999

Offline Zettman

• Prinny, dood.
    • View Profile

Reply #45 on: February 08, 2013, 08:27:11 pm
https://www.facebook.com/Stefarin I'm trying to get started on my career as an Illustrator... maybe getting my name out there in more than one way, cuz you know its hard out there for an artist xP if you could like and maybe share the page I would extremely be grateful, thanks for the support :)

Umbasa!

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #46 on: March 09, 2013, 06:44:43 pm
Facebook isn't really seen as professional, as far as I know. You should make your own separate portfolio website, its what most every established illustrator does. Facebook won't hurt, but it's not going to do you any huge favors professionally compared to having your own site of some sort.

Offline Ashbad

• I am governor Jerry Brown
    • View Profile
    • SoundCloud

Reply #47 on: March 16, 2013, 06:45:26 pm
Well, regional science fair is almost done, so I might have time again to draw on a regular basis :D  The fair was pretty draining, I was explaining my project to corporate representatives for nearly 3 hours straight, over and over again.  On the up side, I think I caught MIT's attention, since they visited me three times and provided multiple business cards.  Though the second time around they were making sure I actually knew what I was talking about ::) I suppose it is uncommon for a high school student to do a project involving C compiler optimization at the assembly level.  I wasn't a finalist for advancement to the international level, but I am in good contention for states (and a 1st prize in computer science.)

Hoping to enter something next year indirectly related to pixel art, I have a few ideas.  :y:
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 06:47:22 pm by Ashbad »

Offline Charlieton

• awkward dancer
    • View Profile

Reply #48 on: March 16, 2013, 08:57:59 pm
Hey, congratulations! Sounds cool. Did you already explain what the project was?
Det skulle vara lätt för mig att säga att jag inte gillar dig, men det gör jag; tror jag

Offline Seiseki

• Starmancer
    • OminuxGames
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35207.htm
    • StarmancerGame
    • View Profile
    • Starmancer Patreon

Reply #49 on: March 19, 2013, 11:59:53 am
So I recently decided I'd take the first step towards learning how to draw..
Every art form I've worked in so far has always been one that downplays the importance of drawing, like vector art, pixel art, photo-manipulation, graphics design.
Always working around my lack of drawing skills.

So I got some art supplies for sketching and one ink pen.
I started attempting to draw real life stuff but everytime I look at something, I can't see the real angles. I heard someone say that people view objects in their heads from the front perspective even if they see if at a different perspective and it's messing with my head and eyes xD

Then I started just drawing cartoon figures and game related stuff in ink and just kept filling pages with crazy designs of monsters and robots. For some reason it works much better for me than sketching. I guess I really need to train my perception. But damn, inking is really addictive :D

I also haven't drawn much.. well.. ever. So I guess I need to really practice drawing shapes and lines before I attempt to portray real-life objects.

@Ashbad
Wow, impressive!
With your programming talents and pixel art skills you should really get into game making! :)