AuthorTopic: Mental Diarrhea *Update: 06/27/06*  (Read 10645 times)

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Re: Mental Diarrhea *Update: 06/26/06*

Reply #20 on: June 27, 2006, 05:33:53 pm
Well these are stunning, but to avoid this being a total appraisal thread i shall give you some crits.  I dont really like the gourmand's shadow, perhaps shape it more to his body and pose.  I also adore the pig flamethrower guy, but perhaps a bit more detail on the flames?  Perhaps try and distinguish Party? guys short more from his skin... they seem to blend together a lot.  I think the "not a cliche" deathe reaper could look particularly awesome with a colored orb and ambient lighting (or perhaps a small animation where his orb lights up).  On MUMU there are 3/4 2x2 dark blue squares on his legs.  These squares look good for texturing on the body, but the legs are a lot brighter and therefore they seem a bit out of place.  On Mumu's right eye i also think there is too much eyeball-white showing.  I could go on for hours just nitpicking tiny things that would hardly change the overall stunning appearance of these, but i wont.  Great work!

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Re: Mental Diarrhea *Update: 06/26/06*

Reply #21 on: June 27, 2006, 09:08:05 pm
Updated again. New stuff... not sure. Pirates, Prison and the ninja at least. I'll probably be updating rather frequently, 'cause I'm back at work, and, well... on a completely dead 8 hour shifts in front of a computer with little more than minesweeper and paint one can accomplish a lot of pixelling.

Feron, thanks for the crits! Few people have actually been critting, and it can hardly be because this stuff is perfect. Not that I don't love the praise (I won't lie like that), but crits help me grow up big and strong, like veggies and milk and beatings.

On a similar note, Thanks again, guys. You're all too kind.

Offline Sereth

• View Profile

Re: Mental Diarrhea *Update: 06/27/06*

Reply #22 on: June 27, 2006, 11:56:53 pm
Love the pirates.

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: June 28, 2006, 01:10:42 am
If you keep being so damned modest, I just might kill you.  I await these updates like a child awaits Santy Claus.  MuMu is probably my favorite, and I love the colors and name of Septopus.

Offline SolidIdea

• View Profile

Reply #24 on: June 28, 2006, 01:59:56 am
So awesome! Seeing your color choices and shading techniques makes me want to spend the night pixelling, so I can try till i could do something close to that.

:o

But the light in the arm of the Neo Ninja bugs me haha.

Offline Razz

• AM I ENDING ALL MY QUESTIONS WITH PERIODS.
    • View Profile

Reply #25 on: June 28, 2006, 07:33:48 am
As for software, I use a mix. 90% of the work is done in an older program called IDraw3 (a relic form my RPGMaker days), and the other 10% is split between MS paint, and photoshop (at, like, 8% paint, 2% photoshop).
YUS. *highfive*
I love the prisoner dude, btw.