AuthorTopic: My Fisrt MockUp  (Read 4311 times)

Offline Mùller

• @Iv_Mii
    • ivenmiller
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/38271.htm
    • ivenmiller
    • wolvesonpray
    • arttxel
    • View Profile

My Fisrt MockUp

on: November 29, 2012, 06:29:23 pm
:hehe:

a small model :D, c + c are welcome.
thanks for reading or response. :crazy:

Thanks!PixelPiledriver
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 08:28:44 pm by Mùller »

Offline Basketcase

• View Profile

Re: My Fisrt MockUp

Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 10:31:32 pm
Those rocks have some decent solidity to them. I'd bring that out more (with thicker shadows and highlights) and make the grass more 3D too. Sign is very flat, maybe break up its perfect rectangluarity. Dude's trousers fade into the sky. Hair could be made more textured.

The face reminds me of Penny Arcade characters. Not sure if I'm reading it right: white pixel + the one on the right is the (our) left eye, right eye is covered by hair, and the 2x2 square of light above dark is the nose? If I got that right, well done, it's very compactly readable there. Except now I'm switching back and forth between seeing the dark two pixels as a mouth...
To do: ??? Cow made my lovely avatar.

Offline Mùller

• @Iv_Mii
    • ivenmiller
    • ivenmiller
    • wolvesonpray
    • arttxel
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 06:04:28 am

new mockup ::)

#Basketcase thanks for the tips!!!

any help for this? thanks!

#edit:

i dont know if it is allowed to double post :-[, but I would greatly  a comment or constructive criticism :blind: so I could correct mistakes and improve where I have more difficulty, thanks. :-\

Double posting is not allowed in this case, no. Your last reply isn't that old, so your thread is still sitting rather high in the thread list. Don't expect replies immediately, give it a while. -Crow
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 02:07:19 pm by Crow »

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 12:47:26 pm
I'd expect a mockup to be "a screen-size image depicting a typical in-game screenshot of a game(/app) that doesn't exist yet".

From that perspective, there're a number of things that are surprising in your update:
- size is more of a portrait than a mockup;
- AA between the player and the background: although properly done here (imho), is usually subject to rendering engine restrictions;
- Presence of wide, black lines in what should be a background layer, that gives it undue importance compared to the foreground the player stands on;
- A quite busy seascape, just where the avatar is looking; with birds that attract the eye rather than guiding it towards the action;
- cursious things with white balls in the sky (clouds, I guess).
- a nasty dark spot near the character's ear that contradicts with the rest of face construction
- no other game-related things (items, ennemies, HUD, NPC), which make me altogether think that you're not actually trying to make a mock-up but just use that word as a placeholder...

Offline Mùller

• @Iv_Mii
    • ivenmiller
    • ivenmiller
    • wolvesonpray
    • arttxel
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 09:26:05 pm
I'm happy ;D for you  comment with many criticisms and tips. I really do not know much "still" on mock-up but I intend do something that is more related to the term, thanks! :y: :y: :y:

:yell: