AuthorTopic: *looks around* are we still here? (server switch)  (Read 9544 times)

Offline Lick

• Formerly known as JointJunkie! ;)
    • View Profile
    • yup

Re: *looks around* are we still here? (server switch)

Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 06:16:02 pm
Ooh.. I see.. :o
my ds homebrew blog! - contact me if you're interested to work with me on a ds game.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: June 23, 2006, 11:09:55 pm
That would be all fine and dandy, but I'm not a frequenter of pixelopolis.  Our site is the 72 Hour GDC (http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/72/board/) which, until last night, was entirely nonexistent.  And now we don't even know if the databases are going to be restored correctly or not, or when.  At this point we have about 100 users who are waiting for a game development competition (which starts voting in less than 2 weeks) who now think that the competition site is broken.  Definitely not a good first impression for anyone new to the competition.

that is rough.  i didnt even know your board existed, or that it was tied into pixelopolis in any way.

anyone who is actually on pixelopolis though should actually like, read the notices, otherwise thats not the admins problem.

since the server has switched, and you say "years," i take that to mean that this is no longer to be considered a temporary forum?
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline jverkoey

• Exploring large-scale pixel art :)
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: June 24, 2006, 02:22:46 am
The site isn't tied to pixelopolis.  It's only hosted here because Pep and I came to an agreement that we would host it here last year after the last admin hosting the site randomly deleted it too.

Offline Stephen

• View Profile
    • My Purevolume

Reply #13 on: June 24, 2006, 02:28:29 am
The site isn't tied to pixelopolis.  It's only hosted here because Pep and I came to an agreement that we would host it here last year after the last admin hosting the site randomly deleted it too.

Ho, Jeff! I didn't know you were related to Pixelation at all!

Edit: Oh, I'm gcn_zelda from the CProg forums.

Offline jverkoey

• Exploring large-scale pixel art :)
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: June 24, 2006, 05:17:27 am
I've been good friends with a few people from here for about 3 years now (mainly Brian AKA GenesisGenocide and Peppermint Pig from the 72 hour competitions).

Offline st0ven

• View Profile
    • spriteart

Reply #15 on: June 24, 2006, 06:16:31 am
jverkoey:  You can take any problems and anger about the situation offline with me if youd like. i wholly understand your anger about the down time. I have been trying to keep in close contact with pep about this and about who/what else the switch would affect besides pixelopolis. The situational facts were unfortunate given that A. pep's online activity and my own are either in stark contrast of each other, or he has not been available online frequently enough to be able to liase in this rather fast-paced switch and B. the need to take action had to be done much faster than was initially realized. If nothing at all was done then both communities would have been down for a  much larger duration of time (though i think i understand this doesnt lessen the outrage of being ill-informed). I would assume that we need to get in contact to clean up some issues and i would not mind posting an apology for the gap of service on the 72 hour compo boards.

Adarias: i think i mean that whatever the community develops into, itll have a home on the web for a good long while.

face lift issues are all being heard by the way.