AuthorTopic: Little Wizard Guy.  (Read 3690 times)

Offline Chrrr

• Pixel Face
    • View Profile
    • My pixel art place.

Little Wizard Guy.

on: November 27, 2012, 02:33:50 pm

This player sprite is an idea that I've had lately for a 2d puzzle solving platformer. Any thoughts?  :)

Offline Sohei

• View Profile

Re: Little Wizard Guy.

Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 05:18:23 am
Kind of cute. I'd like to see a whole game in this style. Somehow this style brings back warm reminiscence.

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 08:15:01 am
although very cute (indeed), the body could use more refining in its shading. It's a bit unclear what colour that clothes are: the value variation seems excessive for just being highlights/shadows (grey does that), and you're essentially pillow-shading each limb separately, right now.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:50:05 am by PypeBros »

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 09:57:46 am
Quote from: PM
what do you mean when you say pillow-shading each limb

I mean that by having each limb outlined as a rectangular shape with lighter area in the middle, you make them look like disjointed pieces put side by side.

Comparatively, artists making Commander Keen used outlines mostly on the *out*lines, and have the body flowing together well, with shadowed areas of the shirt matching shadowed areas of the jeans to convey a common 3D shape.

(PS: PM'ing people is unlikely to give you faster/better reply than asking your questions on the forum itself).

Offline Beetleking22

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 11:26:52 pm

This player sprite is an idea that I've had lately for a 2d puzzle solving platformer. Any thoughts?  :)

I like this.. I like also the hood shading.. maybe I went too far with the edit  :-X, but I hope that it will help you.. Here some of suggestion..

« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 11:35:28 pm by Beetleking22 »