AuthorTopic: Flightless wants you! (to help us get greenlit ;)  (Read 5698 times)

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Flightless wants you! (to help us get greenlit ;)

on: November 09, 2012, 07:36:53 pm

Heyoo pixelations,

it's been a good while since I've last posted anything, but I haven't been slacking. In fact, I'm working on a pixel art styled game or two for Nitrome at the moment and not too long ago we decided to try and get our first game greenlit on steam. So far the response has been great, incredibly motivating and we've almost reached our goal of getting into the top tier, from which the games will eventually get picked. But enough rambling, here's the game, please play the demo and see for yourself if it's something you'd like to have on steam (spoiler: it's pretty neat) and be sure to click the "yes"-button on the flightless greenlight page.

links:
Flightless DEMO
Flightless Greenlight page

It's called Flightless, it's going to be a puzzle-heavy platforming adventure(tm), but instead of jumping your way through the game world, all you're able to do is conjure magical ladders to overcome obstacles and enemies (what with being a flightless bird - and jumpless apparently). And even though the demo's already almost worthy of a flash release as it is, we've got big plans for it when it gets accepted onto steam. Also, co-op. Also, stop reading and play the demo already!

PS: In case you don't know what Greenlight is, that's a way of getting games released on steam and part of the process is the steam users themselves voting to decide if they would buy that particular game or not.

-You need to be logged into your steam account in order to be able to vote-

If you managed to not have heard of steam yet, it's a pretty big online marketplace for pc games that comes with an entire community to go with it (pretty big meaning really quite huge. _the_ huge). Have you ever even played a pc game? You should! Start with flightless!

colorful pictures:

the links again:
Flightless DEMO
Flightless Greenlight page
(who just said desperate?! It's homestretch-excitement... (tm) )

Thanks so much for any kind of support!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 07:38:59 pm by miascugh »

Offline HardcoreBadger

• View Profile

Re: Flightless wants you! (to help us get greenlit ;)

Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 07:49:37 pm
awesome graphics, great music, but the demo kinda "lagged" for me i mean it had low fps

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 08:10:37 pm

It shouldn't be more taxing than your typical flash game, but be sure to close all unnecessary tabs when you play it. The final version will be a stand-alone but just in case though, could please tell me your specs and what browser you're using? I'll pass it on to the coder.

cheers

Offline HardcoreBadger

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 05:46:06 pm
it's not my pc lol it can handle this kind of game

it may be cause of it being on a website for me

Offline kab00m

• View Profile
    • Caffeware

Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 05:55:57 pm
The game looks and sounds great! :y: I'm sure you will be on Steam in no time.

Offline rikfuzz

• View Profile
    • twitter @hot_pengu

Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 06:09:56 pm
it's not my pc lol it can handle this kind of game

it may be cause of it being on a website for me

Chrome's built-in 'pepperflash' plugin introduced a huge lag for me.  You can disable it by going to chrome://plugins/

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 07:18:23 pm
kab00m: Thanks a lot :D

HardcoreBagder: Yeah, the specs probably aren't it. I'll ask Aaron, the coder, if he's got a general idea about why lags might occur on monday.

Offline Crow

• Technicanimal
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 09:02:23 am
Heh, ptoing had already showed me this, and it's beautiful. I love the art, the music and overall design of this. Quite sure it'll hit Steam soon ;)
Discord: Ennea#9999

Offline Pizza Tom

• @pizzadramon
    • pizzatom
    • View Profile
    • Blag

Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 04:04:41 pm
I've rarely played a demo that was so engrossing. Can't wait to see this on Steam. Any idea how close that is to happening? :0
pizzatom.tumblr.com
@pizzadramon

Formerly Regulus Awesome

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 06:53:13 pm
Thanks a lot, the demo's 98% Aaron, so the credit belongs to him :)

Well, we're pretty far along in the voting process (less than 5% of the votes needed to go), but from there it's in the hands of steam's staff. The full game would take a few more months to really solidly wrap it up but the main features are pretty much up and running (that's quite a lot more than what is shown in the demo).

In the meantime I'm still busy working on another big project, which is going to be released soon. I'll be sure to post about it as well :)
Here's some preview material for it, trailer coming soon too:

http://www.nitrome.com/press/icebreaker-ios/