AuthorTopic: Pixeling a hood...  (Read 3190 times)

Offline DoingForFun

• View Profile

Pixeling a hood...

on: November 05, 2012, 06:35:52 pm
Guys, I tried but it looks bad...

How should I pixel a hood?

It is supposed to be round.

Offline NaCl

• When it rains it pours
    • View Profile

Re: Pixeling a hood...

Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 11:40:33 am
I'm having a little trouble understanding what I'm seeing here. Can you explain what this is a little more?

Offline DoingForFun

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 05:28:29 pm

This from behind.

Offline coffee

• JohanAronson
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 02:09:26 pm
Ah, now I get it!

Was about to ask the same as NaCI. And I take it you mean the first one is from behind and vice versa.

The first thing that came to my mind was that I didn't understand what I was seeing. There are a lot of things that confuses.
First of all, we didn't get to see the front side of the character. Second, you have to ask yourself what is it that I am doing? and how can I show that, even if it might be a new design of the object.

That might have been a bit messy.. let me put it this way; (I take it it's a ribbon/knot of some sort around his/her waist, some kind of belt.)
When it's such a small sprite, you need to clearify what it is we are seeing by exaggerating and by using a lot more contrast that what it is now.

Also, when it's from behind, you kind of want to hint that it's a head beneeth the hood, so try playing around with shadows by darkening the part about his neck and put the light right on top of him instead of coming from the side.

Just one thing I might add. Also concerning the size. There is no need to put in that many colours, we don't see half of the colours when its this small. So you would do well to make
the shade a tad darker and the light a bit bright and remove some of the other colours in between. That should bring out shapes a lot more.

Don't have much time, but here's a quick edit:

Hope that I could be of any help!

GL
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 02:56:53 pm by coffee »

Offline DoingForFun

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 03:38:19 pm
Thank you very much! This helps alot!