AuthorTopic: Spriting on tablets  (Read 7298 times)

Offline 9_6

• View Profile

Re: Spriting on tablets

Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 11:14:22 am
Tablets make you work and especially sketch much faster but that's about it when it comes to pixel art.
Of course getting somewhere fast can be a motivation to keep it up instead of losing interest -I would know- but if you're used to the pace of a mouse, the results will be the same.
Once you're in the refining stage and deal with individual pixels, the speed advantage of tablets pretty much evaporates.

You will only get results you could never get with a mouse when doing normal cg art on a tablet.
That's where they truly shine.

Don't be fooled though, a tablet needs some time to even get used to and in the end of the day, the tools don't matter as much as what you do with them.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 11:18:21 am by 9_6 »
Does scaling an image blur it?
Opera fix Firefox fix

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Re: Spriting on tablets

Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 09:00:41 pm
I think I've mentioned this somewhere before:

Tablet Tip - Mouse pad
---------------
Buy a cheap cloth mouse pad.
Throw it on top of your tablet.
Draw on the mouse pad with the wacom pen.
The pen will still read thru the fabric.
The mouse pad will add more friction making easier to control.

Cintiq tip - Offset
------------------
Some people complain that when you use a Cintiq your hand gets in the way of the drawing.
While it doesn't actually bother me, I decided to try an offset and I ended up liking it.
Goto Wacom properties.
Calibrate the device.
When it presents the corner targets instead of clicking the center click slightly to the right and down of each one (reverse if you are left handed).
This will offset the pen position so that when you hover and draw you will be able to clearly see all pixels around the pixel you are drawing at.
And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1