AuthorTopic: Sleep sends sheep from a single soft cloud *Updated 06/23/06*  (Read 4705 times)

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile
Amazingly artful alliteration, asshole...  ::)

Previous:
http://h1.ripway.com/tremulant/Sandyman.PNG
http://h1.ripway.com/tremulant/Sandyman2.PNG
http://h1.ripway.com/tremulant/Sandyman3.PNG

Current:

Anyway, I needed a break from the fantasy thing, and so a naked man riding a cloud was born. Inspired in some abstract way by Monsoon2D's brilliant piece entitled "Look At My Stars", which can be found in his pixeljoint gallery.

Crits/comments/miscellaneous ramblings desired. Oh, and almost no external AA this time! ;D
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 08:48:26 pm by Tremulant »

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile
I think you could fuse some of the bumps on the cloud to make it softer looking. Making the crevices shallower would help too. I don't have any more complaints on it. I love the form of the hand creating the sheep next to his face.

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile
Quick update.

Thanks for the crittykins, Blick. I think I helped the cloud out some (though now it needs some cleaning up), and I changed the sheep-being-made just a bit, to make it more smooth.

Edit: I cleaned it up.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 01:22:30 am by Tremulant »

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW
the arms seem really skinny compared to the legs, as if they aren't part of the same character.
Also the face and head area has alot of dark areas near the linework which makes the head look darker than the rest of the image.
Other than that, I like it, the tiny sheep are cool

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation
Looks great, tremulant. Don't really have anymore imput, although just thought i'd point out that the link to your previous image goes to the current one, hehe..  ;)

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile
Hehe thanks, Larwick. It's been fixed. Updated, too!

AH-W: I think I balanced the face a bit. That was something I'd noticed, too, but didn't give it much thought. I think it looks quite a bit better now, though. As for the arms, I chubbied them a bit, but short of reworking the whole thing (which I'm a little reluctant to do, atm) I don;t know what else I can do. I think they fit alright now, though. At roughly half the width of the legs, I think it makes sense.

I have a few minor concerns now. The stars, I'm thinking, are maybe a bit overdone. The compositions is, in my eyes, virtually non-existent, and I dunno about the wording/border. The border's ok, but maybe the text is too much/unnecessary? I dunno, that's what you guys are for. You've been much help so far, so keep it coming. :D

Offline Filax_666

• View Profile
I reallt don't know what to say about your pieces, they're simply...stunning. The style you've been developing in the last months is quite amazing, I just hope keep posting new pieces regularly ;)

Anyway, I did an edit with the few things that bothered me in this piece, since I'm not very good with words. Mainly, I changed a few things on the legs, around the knees, which felt really odd, and the highlight on the neck. I hope I can make my point clear :)

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel
I see no reason to keep the text (the border looks fine, though) unless this is an "s"  page from some awesome new alphabet book you're writing.

As for the rest of the piece, it looks very well-shaded, with a great mood.  There's something I don't like about his chin, however, it's not what I would expect to fit such a character.

Offline Lmnop

• View Profile
awesome work dude, nice smooth pallette.
I agree with faktablad about the chin and i think it looks odd because of the dark line completely seperating it under his bottom lip.
I believe it looks more like a growth on the bottom of his face more than a chin.

keep it up man been loving the stuff youve been doing lately.

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile
Updated again... for the last time? I think it's done, unless there are major (or obvious) flaws.

Filax666: Great point about the knees. I always seems to exaggerate them, and I dunno why :P. Anyhoo, fixed. Same with the neck, though I think I may have had less success there...

Faktablad: Agree about the text. I was teetering precariously on the edge of indecision, and one vote way enough to convince me. Anyway, about the chin, I left it relatively unchanged, but took Ireland's suggestion and made the separation line less ... separating. Hopefully it's a bit betta.

Ireland: Took your suggestion on the chin (as I mentioned) and think it looks a lot better. Happy you like, too. ;D

Thanks, once again, to everyone who posted for the crits/comments/homoerotic subliminal messages (you know who you are).  :-*