AuthorTopic: Stasis Game Walk Cycle  (Read 16554 times)

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19827.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Stasis Game Walk Cycle

Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 06:51:26 am
I think both your standing pose and walking animation suffer from balance issues, he looks like he's going to fall backwards in both. Which is particularly bad for a walk, the mechanics of which actually require you to fall forwards. Take a look at this for the standing pose, I can't for the life of me remember the term right now but there's a curved line that goes through the body that starts at the neck then peaks at the back, the abdomen/ pelvis, the calves then ends at the feet, that curve needs to be maintained for correct posture and balance. In your image the curve goes neck>back>thighs>heels. You've got the same issue in the new walk, I guess in very basic terms i would say that you're pointing the thighs forward, when they should be pointing backward.

The new walk is a huge improvement, the one with the subtle movement. Apart from the aforementioned problem with the legs, the arms are very stiff, a little bit of secondary action on the hands would do wonders, and they should have a little more ease in and out, right now it looks like he's jerking them side to side.

As for black outlines I usually find adding them in last to be the best method of finding out whether they work, I would say that right now, they are not, and are probably causing more pain than it's worth. Also, is there any particular reason you are drawing from dead side on?

Love the head, by the way.