AuthorTopic: some random colourations.  (Read 3288 times)

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

some random colourations.

on: June 18, 2006, 10:07:14 pm
coloured a few beginners' linework, with pretty good results.  :-\ , nothing serious basically quick demonstrations.

linework by born2die

linework by born2die

linework by JimiWasGod

Just to show that it's not the linework that lets down someone's work, I always see people going on about proportions, things looking realistic.. That last one set off half a dozen critiques to ask 'you wouldn't see a little girl walking down the street looking like that'.. Its a cartoon  ??? talking about making it look 3d through shading, lol..

wtever   ;)

comment as you wish, though I might as well post something as this forum is kinda slow atm..  :-X
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 10:08:51 pm by Terley »
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Re: some random colourations.

Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 10:53:27 pm
I specially like the color choices, generally. The guy up top looks good, kinda like Jesus. Shading on top clothing looks a bit pillowshaded, but the pants are ok.
The second guy looks nice, you've enhanced the lineart greatly. The folds on his back are very nice.
The little girls reminds me of Monsoon2d's style, both in colors and in smoothness. Colors are excellent! I think you overdid the external AA though, i'd lighten the colors used so as to not make it so blurry.

Welcome aboard!

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Re: some random colourations.

Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 06:26:34 am
yeah the edges are pretty fuzzy, like they are bleeding into the negative space. I like the colors of the right image of the guy sitting, the skin tones are nice.