AuthorTopic: Teaser for Gowe's Aurora music video, there's some pixels in there!  (Read 3492 times)

Offline halffish

• View Profile
I posted this a while back:

Now here is the music video teaser trailer!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVIlH4qSs8M

Extra 8bit-ver remix + mock title screen animation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLR180-F-B8
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 03:33:03 pm by halffish »

Offline tim

• Founder of Odd Tales - Art Director
    • View Profile
    • Tim Soret - Showreel
Great job. Already saw your work on other forums / reddit. I really love your explosion sprite. I also noticed your put a flare, something only possible today thanks to unlimited colors, it really adds to the atmosphere.
Founder of Odd Tales
Art Director - Game Director - Game designer - Motion designer

Offline halffish

• View Profile
Oh haha thanks! I was afraid about dirty tooling but for the audience it should be fine (Scott Pilgrim did the same thing!) I might remove some colors and band/dither the layers a bit before I output the final.

Offline tim

• Founder of Odd Tales - Art Director
    • View Profile
    • Tim Soret - Showreel
Maybe for the logo, but for the sunset between the buildings, keep it clean like this.
Founder of Odd Tales
Art Director - Game Director - Game designer - Motion designer

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT
Halffish! it's been a long time =) (camus here :p )
That teaser is looking really great, I hadnt really been around to see it but I think it looks really good, I guess maybe the reason people isnt commenting is 1 there's not as much traffic here anymore or 2 there is so much after effects, rescaling the pixelart and other dirty tools. I think it works for the video...it seems like you really used every element you had to make the best pixelart video possible, even if not all of it was pixelart.

question, did they specifically request that the sprite was done in Robert Paulson's style? cause it looks like it could fit right into one of his kings of babyfucking bloodbath gore animations :p...that kind of felt like a setup for that kind of animation...and then when that didnt happen it felt like it ended too early.

I like the way those close up pictures of the characters feel like they're from an 80's anime, had I been in the position to decide the style of the sprites I would've tried to continue that trend...but who knows, maybe you just did what the client wanted

I'm looking forward to the final video!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 07:33:41 pm by Conceit »